Quantcast
BACK in STOCK - The Art of Knife Sharpening DVD Set - Page 5
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: BACK in STOCK - The Art of Knife Sharpening DVD Set

+1 for a downloadable version.

Just saying, I would for sure buy a copy if it was available.

Also happy to pay for a download so I can use my tablet during sharpening +1

Definitely buy a digital download too!

So Mr Martell if enough of us want one either digital or other is there any possibility..... cause I'd be interested

For me this is tough because I want to supply what you guys want yet I have major problems with doing so while supplying a quality product.

The DVD set was recorded many years ago and is somewhat dated, the quality of the recording has never been very good as my nephew produced it while in college (film school) and many mistakes were made, and finally the duplicating of the DVD's has proven challenging and nearly stupid at times. My thought was to kill this product but then it occurred to me that I'd continue to make it available IF I could go with a digital download.

The idea with going digital is that I wouldn't have to go through the hassle of duplication which means a much lower cost to me which I could pass along to my customers and I would also feel less guilty about the quality of the recording - win win.

The reality of making the DVD's digitally downloadable has been problematic. My shopping cart does allow for this however the DVD's are too large in their current format and it appears (although I could be wrong about this) that I'll be hit with bandwidth charges which could be high enough to make this project financially impotent.

If anyone has an idea on what I can do here I'm all ears.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    For me this is tough because I want to supply what you guys want yet I have major problems with doing so while supplying a quality product.

The DVD set was recorded many years ago and is somewhat dated, the quality of the recording has never been very good as my nephew produced it while in college (film school) and many mistakes were made, and finally the duplicating of the DVD's has proven challenging and nearly stupid at times. My thought was to kill this product but then it occurred to me that I'd continue to make it available IF I could go with a digital download.

The idea with going digital is that I wouldn't have to go through the hassle of duplication which means a much lower cost to me which I could pass along to my customers and I would also feel less guilty about the quality of the recording - win win.

The reality of making the DVD's digitally downloadable has been problematic. My shopping cart does allow for this however the DVD's are too large in their current format and it appears (although I could be wrong about this) that I'll be hit with bandwidth charges which could be high enough to make this project financially impotent.

If anyone has an idea on what I can do here I'm all ears.

Dave
    You could use FetchApp or E-Junkie, they're digital download services that handle payment(thru paypal), file storage and the download itself. That way the bandwidth would not hit you at all, but you have to pay a small monthly fee to use them, I think its like 5 or 10 bucks. The main problem with digital downloads is people just passing on the file to others after they've downloaded it. There's pretty much no way to stop this from happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Chef Andy View Post
    You could use FetchApp or E-Junkie, they're digital download services that handle payment(thru paypal), file storage and the download itself. That way the bandwidth would not hit you at all, but you have to pay a small monthly fee to use them, I think its like 5 or 10 bucks. The main problem with digital downloads is people just passing on the file to others after they've downloaded it. There's pretty much no way to stop this from happening.
    I'm pretty confident all people at KKF will not be doing such a thing. I love to buy products from craftsmen and I'm happy to pay for it. Also, I'd tell people to go buy it, instead of committing piracy. But Andy you're probably right as not all people buying the download will have the same philosophy as I have.

Yeah you're right, if there's any community that I've been apart of where this wouldnt be an issue, KKF is definitely it.

Closed Thread