Quantcast
Stones for sale
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stones for sale

Stones for sale

Hello,

I have some synthetic stones for sale. Lately I have not been using any of these much since I have gone natural for medium and higher grit polishing stones.

From left to right:

Kitayama 8k - 206 * 76 * 22, 918g -- 65AUD
    Arashiyama 6k - 212 * 72 * 17, 534g -- 40AUD
    Naniwa Snow White/Pure White 8k - 200 * 70 * 25, 815g practically almost brand new -- 90AUD
    Naniwa Super Stone 3k - 210 * 70 * 14, 441g -- 40AUD
    Metal Master 5k - 180 * 56 * 20, 411g practically like new -- 20AUD

Naniwa Snow White came in when I started using natural, and has been in storage most of the time. BDL (of FF, and KKF) praised Naniwa snow white and Kitayama pair for their exceptional edge quality. I have tested the combination and agreed with his praise. So, if you get them both together, I would do 145AUD for the pair.

Metal Master 5k behaves very much like Arashiyama (that's why I haven't really used it except preliminary testing), just in a smaller form factor.

Price is without postage, and buying more than one get some small discount. I have also
    given their weight so that you can get estimate the shipping cost at http://auspost.com.au/products-and-s...alculator.html where postage origin is NSW 2217. I don't mind shipping oversea, but postage cost is quite prohibitive for buyers.

Paypal or bank transfer.

I'll take the kitayama, snow white & 3K if they are still available
    Huw
    In order to make delicious food, you must eat delicious food. Jiro Ono

Yes Huw, you've got them.

Kitayama, Arashiyama, Naniwa snow white and SS3k are SPF

Maxim has recently (like a couple of hours ago) tempted me to upgrade my harder natural stones, infact, to replace the two up for sale here.

First is Ohira Kan Suita Lv 3.5 per http://www.japanesenaturalstones.com/product-p/555.htm.

Ohira Kan Suita Very beautiful stone. And bit finer then other Ohiras that i have on website.
    Also quite unique stone !
    Final Finisher for knifes ! Very smooth feeling wile sharpening!
    Nice Medium hardnes stone for all around use.
    Can be used for beginners as well as experienced sharpener.
    Sides of the stone have very nice can pattern too so it will go on deeper in to the stone.
    Very cheap Collection stone !

Size: 207mm 80mm 35mm

Second is Kizuyama Suita lv 3 per http://www.japanesenaturalstones.com...lv-3-p/111.htm

Very unusual patterns ! Vary fast stone ! Kizuyama mine sims to produce some fast stones.
    Very good stone for that price. You dont see Kizuyama stones that often.
    Size: 200mm 70mm 35mm

Both stone can yield very nice kasumi finish. Ohira is a little easier to use IMO, although it is slightly harder. It gives more matt finish where Kizuyama gives more mirror finish. Matt finish is easier to even out, and that's probably why I think Ohira is easier to use.

Both are virtually the same size as stated in Maxim's page as these are finishing stone.

Ohira Kan Suita, 1390g -- 250AUD
    Kizuyama Suita, 1090g -- 200AUD

PM sent regarding naturals.

Answered +dmccurtis

Looks like Ohira Kan Suita is SPF.

Due to Maxim's almost irresistible convincing to upgrade a harder stone, I am putting up this awesome Takasima Awasedo for sale to fund the upgrade.

It was originally from Jon Broida : http://www.japaneseknifeimports.com/...edo-large.html

The stone is a great introduction into Japanese Natural Stones. It is nice, even, soft, giving out good polish, good edge, works well with carbon and semi stainless (Yoshi SKD and heiji as I have tried). I have used the stone quite a bit and the base has come off. Currently it measures 210 x 71 x 18.5 635g, almost as full as it came at 20mm thick. With base it weighs 825g.

So I am thinking 170AUD, and you can opt for the base or not. Without base, stone can be packed within 1kg bracket.

It seems like you given me a lot of fault here sir haha

I still think the best stones for knives is soft ones !

I still keep the soft Hakka, so my soft natural stone base is still covered. It is a bit bigger and more user friendly this this Takashima.

Ohira Kan Suita is sold. Will post tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by maxim View Post
    It seems like you given me a lot of fault here sir haha

I still think the best stones for knives is soft ones !

+ Reply to Thread