Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lance Armstong on Opra

Instead of going on Oprah, he should have just stayed home and be ashemed of all lives he ruined.
    He has had plenty of chances to come clean over the years, but instead he chose to use his power and money to destroy the people who told the truth..

Lars

Spokane, WA aka Spokanistan, or Spoklahoma, or...
    In that case, oprah should have stayed home too

Quote Originally Posted by quantumcloud509 View Post
    In that case, oprah should have stayed home too
    Yes or maybe have Betsy Andreu on the show instead

Lars

He's a cheater. Period.

By most expert accounts Armstrong had the perfect physiology and psychology to win all those TdF on an even playing field -everyone doping or not doping. The same clever and brutal competitiveness on the road is what's behind him being the "mastermind of the biggest doping ring in cycling history" and lying about it.

Oprah said he wasn't contrite about the cheating and I'm not surprised. His brain doesn't work that way. Any doubt about anything he does to get ahead never enters his mind to begin with.
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough." —Mark Twain

Excellent point. Couldn't one argue that if he hadn't doped, we wouldn't be talking about him because the 90% of the guys who HAD doped would have beaten him?
    Quote Originally Posted by mano View Post
    By most expert accounts Armstrong had the perfect physiology and psychology to win all those TdF on an even playing field -everyone doping or not doping. The same clever and brutal competitiveness on the road is what's behind him being the "mastermind of the biggest doping ring in cycling history" and lying about it.

Oprah said he wasn't contrite about the cheating and I'm not surprised. His brain doesn't work that way. Any doubt about anything he does to get ahead never enters his mind to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by AFKitchenknivesguy View Post
    Screw sports, and anything associated with it.
    +2

well, organized sports anyway.
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by mano View Post
    By most expert accounts Armstrong had the perfect physiology and psychology to win all those TdF on an even playing field.
    I think this is a myth created by Lance. His pre-cancer results shows no potentiel for winning 3-week grand tours.

Greg Lemond on the other hand fits that description perfectly. A great naturel talent.

Lars

Right Lemond had a huge lung capacity,Miguel Indurain had a resting pulse of 27.

I remember reading a lot of stats like that about Indurain..calf to thigh length ratios, VO2 capacity, etc. Supposedly he was practically engineered for cycling. Of course, I take most of that with a grain of salt...when they start predicting such performance YEARS ahead of them winning big races, I'll start believing it...the power of science is prediction.
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.