Quantcast
This is about Colin and It's not good guys. - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: This is about Colin and It's not good guys.

Sorry to hear about Colin's difficulties. Funny how ex- wives always seem to get control of "our assets" I still have no idea why my ex-wife felt that she needed my Waterford whisky set....or some of the dishes for that matter. She doesnt' even cook.

Sad situation.

I hope to hear better news soon.

My best to Colin and his family.

My concern other than the obvious is that she got his Bill Burke suji . Colin would give his left and right nut up before he got rid of that. That was his most prized possession. I hope nobody sold it or if they will I would pick it up and hold it for him until he got better.
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    Quote Originally Posted by sachem allison View Post
    My concern other than the obvious is that she got his Bill Burke suji . Colin would give his left and right nut up before he got rid of that. That was his most prized possession. I hope nobody sold it or if they will I would pick it up and hold it for him until he got better.
    I've been thinking about that too. That thing is Colin's "preciousssss". I hope it turns up and wasn't literally or metaphorically washed away by Superstorm Sandy
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

Hello, Dafydd
    We really appreciate you keeping us informed and totally understand the burden that has been placed on you and your family. I hope you know that the support that is given for Colin is fully extended to your family and you. Anything that the members here can do,we give it our best to do. I think the leather working shop is a good idea. The other Paul from our forum is also a leather worker, as a matter of fact he is one of the best leather workers in the country and had been in talks with Colin about leather working ideas. When he gets better, if he chooses he can tell us what he will or not. That's okay too. On another note because, of what you wrote about his wife liquidating his assets, we have a concern. Colin's pride and joy, something he would rather give his left and right arm away before he sold them was his handmade Bill Burke knives. These were something he dearly loved and whom Bill Made special for Colin. They developed a friendship and respect for each other through the creative process of making these knives. We would like to know if they are safe and to let you know to please not sell them. If money is needed, I and I'm sure some of the members would gladly buy them and hold them for Colin until he gets back on his feet. We would keep them safe. Please let us know if they are safe. The loss of those would really send him spiraling even further down. He needs to know they are safe.
    Son

Hello, Son
    By assets I was referring to stocks and things like that. She really doesn't have any further access to any of his belongings. If God forbid he does pass away I will bet she'll contest his will regarding his life insurance. Colin moved out months before any of this happened so all of his possessions have been locked away. Even if that wasn't the case I doubt she would sell any of his knives. Trust me we all know how much Colin loves his knives. He has been into them since he was a kid. I think all he ever got for Christmas and birthday presents were knives, and weapons and things along that line. Our father use to take him to knife shows and stores all the time. I remember on more than one occasion our parents getting calls from school because Colin brought his MacGyver knife to school, where talking like first grade here. It's both funny and helpful that you showed me those knives, and mentioned Mr. Burke. As Colin specifically listed in his will that all knives made by Mr Burke be returned to him to do with as he sees fit. with the exception of a knife called a Suji that is to be given to a Dave (who Marissa knows) to be used as a on going pass around knife. It's funny but very Colin like that he obviously spent more time thinking about who his knives go to then any other possessions that he owns. Paul Z, Do you know where he lives? Maybe Colin could take a trip at some point to see him him and learn some things. Actually I can ask him myself since he has emailed me. One question for you is your first name Sachem, native American?
    Hey Son just to put your minds at ease the only things being sold are items he had listed all ready or obviously intended to list. The reason for selling these things is more so to keep up with what Colin was doing before the accident, and to keep up his eBay seller reputation. I got a email from them that they have downgraded his status due to lack of selling. It looks like he has mostly sold leather and knives so I can only assume that he has been trying to build a eBay reputation in this area?

Spokane, WA aka Spokanistan, or Spoklahoma, or...
    *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by sachem allison View Post
    ...It's both funny and helpful that you showed me those knives, and mentioned Mr. Burke. As Colin specifically listed in his will that all knives made by Mr Burke be returned to him to do with as he sees fit. with the exception of a knife called a Suji that is to be given to a Dave (who Marissa knows) to be used as a on going pass around knife. It's funny but very Colin like that he obviously spent more time thinking about who his knives go to then any other possessions that he owns.
    That is amazing. I love that knife, but I hope that pass around is decades away, and I am too old to remember the grits of my stones. Get better Colin.

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

The passaround idea really sums Colin up, doesn't it? Let's hope the next person to use it is Colin, and as Karring wrote, any passaround is decades away.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Hoping that Colin will take a turn for the better and be back to using that Burke himself.
    Now is not the time to bother me. And it's always now. Wiley Miller

+ Reply to Thread