This is about Colin and It's not good guys.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sachem allison

Reaction score
Hello, guys
ever since the donations for Colin, he disappeared. I talked to him once or twice after. Colin was living in a shelter and trying to get his liife together. He had an interview that was going real well and he was excited. Sandy hit and I lost all communication with him. A couple of weeks ago Paul asked me if I had heard from Colin and I said I hadn't. I sent him some emails wishing him a Happy New Year and Merry Christmas but, no reply came. Yesterday I sent him another email and today I got an answer. It isn't good guys. when I find out more I'll let you know. here are the emails. they can explain things better.

On Jan 16, 2013, at 2:26 AM, Sachem Allison <[email protected]> wrote:

Colin

you alive? I know the holidays sucked. you doin alright? People keep calling me to see how you are doing especially, Paul. You need to pull your head out of your butt and say hello to the guys on the forum. They need to know if you are okay. They worry about you. I hope all is well, brother. Have a great New year.
son

-----Original Message-----
To: Sachem Allison <[email protected]>
Sent: Wed, Jan 16, 2013 11:40 am
Subject: Re: you alive

Hi I'm Dafydd Colin's Brother :
He's still alive but Colin got hurt during the hurricane and is still in the hospital. I was coming back and forth between NY and PA were I live but we just moved him down to Florida so he would be closer to his mom. Colin's divorce never got finalized and his ex-wife is now siting on the paperwork and is making things kind of hard on us (me and the rest of his family). I'm assuming you know the story as you have his personal email and not business or eBay one, but just incase you don't. His wife left him last summer and filed for divorce. He singed all the paperwork and it was submitted but all this happened before he got served with the final papers so
she is still next of kin. She is taking the high road because Colin hasn't been close with us for years, but we are still his family. I tried to contact everyone I could by going threw his address book but it's a mess so you might have got missed, sorry. I guess I'm kind of rambling, sorry I do that. Anyway I'm adding your email address to the list that I update family and friends with so you will be kept up to date from now on. Who is Paul so I can add him as well?
Thank you again
Dafydd

Hello, Dafydd

I am actually a member of the Kitchen Knife Forums. Paul is a member here on the forum and a friend of Colins also.We are all friends of Colin and are aware of his business and wife situation. There has been alot of concern and curiosity about his whereabouts and well being. I'm sorry to hear that he was hurt in the storm. Is he going too pull through? No loss of limbs or anything? I know he's a pain in the ass and quite opinionated so, are the rest of us. He's one of us though. Hang in there. It will work out in the end. If there is anything we can do on our end let us know. If you are able give him my well wishes.

**** - that's a drag. I hope he pulls through.

I was just wondering yesterday how he was doing, I saw Butch's donation Knife thread and it got me thinking. I was gonna start a thread at some point to ask if anyone had heard how he was faring. This sucks...

That sucks. Please let us know if there are updates or we can help.

Very strange this should come up. I was just wondering the same thing earlier today and checked Colin's ebay account and it turns out he has a few items listed for sale. One of them is some horse hide and the other is an itou gyuto. The itou has an abalone handle and the bidding starts at 500. This is a good cause to help Colin and a chance to grab a nice itou at the same time.

If I had the money for it I would help out but I hope someone else can step in.

Very strange this should come up. I was just wondering the same thing earlier today and checked Colin's ebay account and it turns out he has a few items listed for sale. One of them is some horse hide and the other is an itou gyuto. The itou has an abalone handle and the bidding starts at 500. This is a good cause to help Colin and a chance to grab a nice itou at the same time.

If I had the money for it I would help out but I hope someone else can step in.

I hate to be cynical, but I really hope it goes to him and not his ex just trying to clean out some of his stuff.

Colin if you do get access to the site - Our thoughts and prayers are with you!!

Son, let us know if there is anything we can do. Really sucks for Colin. I miss having him around.

I was contacted by a member who is looking for Colin because he received a box of his stuff from Colin's ex and wanted to get it to him. If anyone can help please contact me.

I hope to hear that Colin is OK

Holy crap :( I really hope he is on the road to recovery, but it sounds like it was pretty serious. Colin, we're sending our best wishes out to you!

Son, if you continue talking to his brother and figure out some way the rest of us can help lets see what can be done. I know there are some members that live in Florida; I'm going Miami soon for a food thing, maybe there can be some food drop off arranged, depending on where he's living. I'm sure a guy dealing with some crap and injured would enjoy some sausages, bacon, and just good food to liven his spirits.

Yeah, sending my thoughts that way! Colin is a great guy....

Talk about a crappy year for someone, makes mine and even Salty's look much better, relatively. Good luck to Colin, hope all turns out well.

Stefan

Damn sorry to hear that . good to know that he is with family .

Here is the latest email from his brother and it is much worse then I thought it would be.

Hello, Son

Thank you i just got a email from Paul Z, I guess I had the wrong Paul when I spoke to you today? I thought you were referring to a man named Paul Long that Colin knows from the leather working forum.. Anyway Paul asked were in Florida Colin is, i told him Orlando. That's were our mom and little sister live. He has not come out of the coma yet but there has been a significant increase in brain activity the past two weeks so we are hopping things will be better soon. I wish I could give all of you more information as to what happened but it's kind of a mystery to us all. He was found outside about a block from we're he was staying by some people after the storm he was oveusley hit in the head by something that caused swelling to his brine but that's all we know..
Tell Scott thank you and I'll make sure Colin sees the letter when he wakes up.
Dafydd

Damn... I hope he comes out of it okay.

i never knew him but i hope he gets better. my prayers will include him.

Wow, no matter how crappy things get there's always worse. Strangely enough wondered how he was doing earlier in the week so checked his profile and saw his last activity date was two weeks ago so thought he was just being quiet while everything got sorted out.
Cheers for the updates Son, fingers crossed the next one is good news

fingers crossed for this guy.

Getting it really tough.

You never know your lucky.

i had asked dave a few weeks ago since his EX sent me 2 razors i made that he had and a few of the leather sheaths. i was wanting to make sure that he or the proper fam got them back

i hope he pulls through A OK

Does she actually have the ability to sell these items?

Might be worth contacting the seller/ebay.

Latest posts

Back