Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Konosuke HD vs Geshin Ginga

I'd love to try a Ginga, but I do have a Konosuke HD Kiritsuke Gyuto and it's the shizzle. Takes and holds a great edge - thin blade very light knife for a 270 and cuts like a dream.

I'm getting a review together for a Yoshihiro 270 carbon/van/moly gyuto I got recently. So far it's proving to be a really nice knife for under $200 - stay tuned.

BTW my comments were in regards to gesshin gingas stainless line vs suisin inox. the white steel ginga is a whole different ball game. havent tried a ginga white steel yet.

Yeah, I got a Yusuke suji 240 in stainless and find it absolutely great in use and sharpening (F&F is simply perfect).
    Word of advice though: it's a pure "laser" and even at 240mm I find it already bends and flexes a lot.
    So much, in fact, that I had to drastically diminish pressure while sharpening.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiliPepper View Post
    Yeah, I got a Yusuke suji 240 in stainless and find it absolutely great in use and sharpening (F&F is simply perfect).
    Word of advice though: it's a pure "laser" and even at 240mm I find it already bends and flexes a lot.
    So much, in fact, that I had to drastically diminish pressure while sharpening.
    "special thin" yusuke or regular grind? i think the difference is 1.8mm spine and 2.3

regular 2.3.
    I was made aware of a beefier version (KS clone) but not of a thinner one.
    Gee, at 1.8 actually a Yusuke suji would act more like a salmon or prosciutto slicer imho...

my mistake! the 240mm is actually 1.6 at the spine! the 270 is 1.8. check it out.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Japanese-Sak...item589bf729eb

even worse!