Quantcast
Doing the polite thing
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Doing the polite thing

Doing the polite thing

Just checking in to announce my shinny new membership here, not sure why I didn't discover this place long ago as I'm a big enthusiast of the best kitchen toys.

I expect I'll be doing a great deal of lurking and not allot of posting as, there is just such a vast wealth of info already available in previous posts that should answer nearly every question I might have but... just in case, a bit about me.

I am not a chef or cook nor have I ever worked in a restaurant, I just discovered I have a passion for recipes and good healthy foods. I have also had a life long fascination with knife sharpening going back to when I was a kid, and unfortunately only discovered late in life that Wusthof was not the end all be all of chef knives.

I'm currently doing allot of dreaming about Masakage Koishi Gyuto but dont live close enough to a quality vendor to pick the animal of my choice.. in fact this is really bothering me because I cant even decide if I want a 240mm or 270mm let alone be able to select my actual kitchen sabre.

Welcome aboard! Feel free to ask any questions you may have. That's how any of us learn, and sometimes seemingly simple questions bring out really cool discussions where everyone learns something new
    Len

Welcome to KKF.

Quote Originally Posted by aMonster View Post
    ...I cant even decide if I want a 240mm or 270mm let alone be able to select my actual kitchen sabre.
    Take your time! My wishlist changed on a daily basis for months before I pulled the trigger for the first time.

welcome!
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

Welcome to the forums!

Welcome
    Huw
    In order to make delicious food, you must eat delicious food. Jiro Ono

Quote Originally Posted by echerub View Post
    Welcome aboard! Feel free to ask any questions you may have. That's how any of us learn, and sometimes seemingly simple questions bring out really cool discussions where everyone learns something new
    +1. Lots of knowledgeable and fun people to discuss with on this forum. And welcome!
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

Welcome - lots of fun here and someone is always sharing something new.

Greetings! Hang around a bit and there are probably some neighbors (lots of Canadians here) of yours that could let you try something to get a better feel for size.
    one man gathers what another man spills...