Thread: WTB: Sabatier

WTB: Sabatier

Looking for a carbon Sabatier chef's knife. I know I can order them from TBT but I've heard that QC is spotty and some end up bowed or with a thick grind. I'm hoping someone has a good, tested example of one that they're willing to part with. I don't know much about these knives and their variants so I'm not too picky other than I want a vintage carbon knife in the 9-10" range. I love that round bolster on the Nogents, so that's a plus if you have one.

Please let me know what you have.

Good luck with this, mine (nogent) gets used all the time. I bought it from TBT, but went there personally to find the best one I could; it wasn't perfect, but it gets better and better all the time (that is every thinning session).
    once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    I bought a new (I don't think it was ever used) Nogent off of KFed that he got from TBT. It was a gift for my boss. The knife is stellar. I rounded the spine for comfort as it is quite sharp, but other than that -this thing has been a champion. I don't think you can find a European style knife in carbon at that price point that can beat it.
    I want to get one for myself and then I can ditch my 10in Henckel as my heavy-duty work beater. Hey, if you buy it from them and don't like it you can always sell it on the BST like KFed did and take only a small hit on the shipping. Heck, if I've got 100 clams lying around I might take it off your hands................
    ............but don't tell my wife I said that.
    "See... the problem here is that... my little brother, this morning, got his arm caught in the microwave, and uh... my grandmother dropped acid and she freaked out, and hijacked a school bus full of... penguins, so it's kind of a family crisis... so come back later? Great."
    -Lane Myer (Definitely not as in Oscar Mayer)

Bump

Sent you a PM about this a few days ago.
    Michael
    "Don't you know who he is?"