Quantcast
WTB: Sabatier
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WTB: Sabatier

WTB: Sabatier

Looking for a carbon Sabatier chef's knife. I know I can order them from TBT but I've heard that QC is spotty and some end up bowed or with a thick grind. I'm hoping someone has a good, tested example of one that they're willing to part with. I don't know much about these knives and their variants so I'm not too picky other than I want a vintage carbon knife in the 9-10" range. I love that round bolster on the Nogents, so that's a plus if you have one.

Please let me know what you have.

Good luck with this, mine (nogent) gets used all the time. I bought it from TBT, but went there personally to find the best one I could; it wasn't perfect, but it gets better and better all the time (that is every thinning session).
    one man gathers what another man spills...

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    I bought a new (I don't think it was ever used) Nogent off of KFed that he got from TBT. It was a gift for my boss. The knife is stellar. I rounded the spine for comfort as it is quite sharp, but other than that -this thing has been a champion. I don't think you can find a European style knife in carbon at that price point that can beat it.
    I want to get one for myself and then I can ditch my 10in Henckel as my heavy-duty work beater. Hey, if you buy it from them and don't like it you can always sell it on the BST like KFed did and take only a small hit on the shipping. Heck, if I've got 100 clams lying around I might take it off your hands................
    ............but don't tell my wife I said that.
    No matter how high the throne,
    there sits but an ass.

Bump

Sent you a PM about this a few days ago.
    Michael
    "Don't you know who he is?"

+ Reply to Thread