I am an avid cook. I do not mind spending money for quality. I would like a few suggestions on what I should add to my current knife setup to make it more useful and well rounded in the kitchen. I am active duty Army.. and the reason for going with all Shun below be because that is what they stock at my PX and I was impressed with it.
Here is my current setup.
1. Shun Classic 7 3/4" Vegetable Cleaver
2. Shun Classic 7" Hollow Ground Santoku Knife
3. Shun DM0705 Classic 9-Inch Bread Knife
4. Shun DM0750 Sharpening Steel
5. Ken Onion by Shun DM0500 8-Inch Chef's Knife
6. Shun DM0722 Classic 6-Inch Serrated Utility Knife
What should I add next to my setup?
here are a few tidbits about me.
1. I use a butcher block (end grain) on wheels.
2. I cook every day. Where I am living at there are few restaurants and over the past two years it has become an extreme hobby.
3. I don't eat meat that often. When i do it's chicken and fish.
4. I am right handed
5. The knives are stored on a magnetic strip. I want to add a custom butcherblock if I can decide on a few more items
6. I am open to any brands. I like shun, but I am also curious to what else is out there. I only have Japanese knives, but I am open to something new as well.
7. I do not have a budget. I am open to spending whatever it takes, but would like to spend 1000 or so for 3-4 knives.
Thanks in advance,