Quantcast
Thermanpen Open Box Sale $69 each - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thermanpen Open Box Sale $69 each

Grabbed one, thanks for the heads up, amazon doesn't ship these to Canada for some reason. Thanks!

I've never used a thermometer when cooking, just haven't ever needs to, I'm a single, home cook with a single induction burner and a microwave. I know these are considered the best but do I need one? Obviously with a single induction burner I can't do roasts, and I rarely make a steak ( when I do I go by how it feels, how long I think it should cook, and how hungry I am) I haven't had any problems so far. So my question is do I need one? This is the second such same I've seen, let the first one go, but what do you experienced guys use it for and should I get one?

i use my thermometers usually with ovens but i also use it for deep frying and large hunks of meat on the fryer.

Accuracy below, bored and had everything handy

PolySci -Temperature Stability: ±0.1°F (0.06°C)

Thermapen - ±0.7°F (±0.4°C) Although when I do readings on boiling water and ice slurry I usually get 0.2 degrees F accuarcy

Enjoy

Attachment 12697

If you want your pork perfect you need a thermapen.
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

I got one of these in the sale last year. I was surprised by how much use I ended up getting out of it, definitely worth having one around.

Just got the email for the summer sale $74 each. Went up $5 this round and very limited colors.

hopefully there'll be another sale by the end of the year. if only i didn't need a new hard drive i'd have jumped on this already. woulda bought two.

I got one of these on ebay for £15 a couple of weeks ago. I didn't think about it before, but it's kinda annoying that Thermapens are technically right-handed, using them as a lefty is a pain in the ass

That reminds me, I have to unsubscribe to their constant e-mail spam. Don't know why I didn't think of that a year ago?

+ Reply to Thread