Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: 270 Azai Yani, 150 Takeda Mioroshi

FS: 270 Azai Yani, 150 Takeda Mioroshi

Well, time to make some room. These are both great knives, but they never see the light of day anymore. Thought I'd put em up and see if somebody could put them to proper use.

Both of these guys were sharpened once, by me. I'm still learning the ropes, so these might not stand up to some of you guys standards. The tips on both of these need a little work, I still haven't gotten that angle quite down yet. I tried to follow Jon's vid on ura sharpening as closely as possible a couple months back, and I did an ok job on the yani. The bevels aren't super clean on either one, but they aren't nightmarish either.

The Azai is W2 and holds an edge pretty well. I used it for a year on a busy grill station, had no problems slicing through crusty steaks and still gave nice clean pork loin slices. Has a good patina with some spotting, but no pits. Re-etching this would be a great idea IMO. Rosewood and buffalo horn handle, nothing special, but fairly comfy. $300, includes shipping CONUS and paypal fees. Name:  k3.jpg
Views: 489
Size:  3.7 KBName:  k2.jpg
Views: 500
Size:  3.4 KB

Takeda is AS ( of course ). Never used this for it's intended purpose. Bought it more out of curiosity than anything else. It turned into one of my pig butchering knives. We don't see many whole pigs at the restaurant lately so off she goes... Holds a great edge. Rosewood and buffalo horn handle, has the typical takeda level of F/F... $170, includes shipping CONUS and paypal fees. Name:  k1.jpg
Views: 546
Size:  6.0 KBName:  mail.google.com.jpg
Views: 489
Size:  5.9 KB
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

I can offer some better images through email. I'm using the computer at work and I'm still a little new at this whole image uploading deal...
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

What's the Takeda length?
    once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Len

Quote Originally Posted by echerub View Post
    doh!
    once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

pm sent

Is beautiful, if someone gave me that to butcher a pig I'd walk off mesmerized...

Bump!

Takeda sold! Azai still available.

Spokane, WA aka Spokanistan, or Spoklahoma, or...
    Nice! Congrats to the buyer!