• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: 270 Azai Yani, 150 Takeda Mioroshi

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brainsausage

Reaction score
Well, time to make some room. These are both great knives, but they never see the light of day anymore. Thought I'd put em up and see if somebody could put them to proper use.

Both of these guys were sharpened once, by me. I'm still learning the ropes, so these might not stand up to some of you guys standards. The tips on both of these need a little work, I still haven't gotten that angle quite down yet. I tried to follow Jon's vid on ura sharpening as closely as possible a couple months back, and I did an ok job on the yani. The bevels aren't super clean on either one, but they aren't nightmarish either.

The Azai is W2 and holds an edge pretty well. I used it for a year on a busy grill station, had no problems slicing through crusty steaks and still gave nice clean pork loin slices. Has a good patina with some spotting, but no pits. Re-etching this would be a great idea IMO. Rosewood and buffalo horn handle, nothing special, but fairly comfy. $300, includes shipping CONUS and paypal fees. k3.jpgk2.jpg

Takeda is AS ( of course ). Never used this for it's intended purpose. Bought it more out of curiosity than anything else. It turned into one of my pig butchering knives. We don't see many whole pigs at the restaurant lately so off she goes... Holds a great edge. Rosewood and buffalo horn handle, has the typical takeda level of F/F... $170, includes shipping CONUS and paypal fees. k1.jpgmail.google.com.jpg

I can offer some better images through email. I'm using the computer at work and I'm still a little new at this whole image uploading deal...

Is beautiful, if someone gave me that to butcher a pig I'd walk off mesmerized...

Not from my phone unfortunately. And I'm not sure how to 'embiggen' them on the restaurant computron. I can always send better pics to someone's email from my phone though...

Does anybody have any info as to how I go about enlarging pics that I've loaded from my phone to the computer device? I'm very ignorant in regards to this type of stuff...

Back