Guess Who's Back??!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThEoRy

Founding Member
Reaction score
Guess who just got done building a brand new ultimate ultra beast mode pc?

Yup.

Specs:
Motherboard: ASUS P9X79 DELUXE
Processor:Intel Core i7-3930K Sandy Bridge-E 3.2GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) Six-Core
Memory: 64 GB DDR3 1866 Mhz
GPU: Galaxy 670 4 GB
Storage: Samsung 840 pro ssd 256 GB
Additional Storage Western Digital 4TB
Case: Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced Blue

Still have to optimize everything but it's all put together and man she's a beautiful beast!! Pics tomorrow.

welcome back theory. was wondering where you went.

grats on the new rig.

That is one strong machine. Are you gonna over clock? I have been itching to build recently, its been a while. Congrats.

thats a really lean mean machine you got running here...

On which Operating System?

have fun...

D

Just a little heads up for the new to Win8 crowd:

Win8 isn't all That stable yet, better than a few months ago, but still... FYI.
Also, it doesn't handle eternal devices too well and it takes a fair bit of getting used to for navigation.
It feels pretty light and crisp compared to Vista, can't say I prefer it over 7 though.

That's a bad looking machine man. You can process all sorts of media with 6 cores and RAM for days, spooling from the SSD and archiving on the spinning disk. With bells and whistles like this I'm kind of surprised you don't have a redundant archive storage.

Congrats! I look forward to some new vids :)

Sweet! 64Gigs rocks! Wondering if 8 allows you to direct core usage?

So does this mean that Microsoft will get Windows 8 tweaked just in time for the release of Windows 9?

With so much ram I can use a ram cashe to speed along frequently used processes also I can create a ram drive where video editing and rendering will be like 10 times faster than even the ssd can perform.

So far win 8 is pretty awesome. Extremely fast and stable, just takes a minute to get used to but I all makes sense after a few.

So today begins the tweaking process. I haven't overclocked yet and not sure if I will but this machine can handle that with ease. I'll keep you guys posted and for sure the videos should be a breeze. Just have to download and install allllllll of my programs again since I'm on Windows 8 now.

Yeah thanks for the info. I have never head of a PC with so much. Mine has 8 and I notice no difference from my old PC which had 2, though apart from the odd game I am not asking too much of it

Back