Quantcast
Shaving head with a nakiri - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shaving head with a nakiri

He was bald to begin with! I have tried a couple time to shave my head with a straight, but my hair just grows to dense for even the heaviest wedges to do anything. If I want speed I use a head blade, nifty little invention that works great if I wanna get super smooth I use a DE.

Quote Originally Posted by The hekler View Post
    He was bald to begin with! I have tried a couple time to shave my head with a straight, but my hair just grows to dense for even the heaviest wedges to do anything. If I want speed I use a head blade, nifty little invention that works great if I wanna get super smooth I use a DE.
    I have several head blades. What's a DE?

-AJ

Quote Originally Posted by ajhuff View Post
    I have several head blades. What's a DE?

-AJ
    A DE is a double edge razor.
    Like a Gillette Fatboy or thousands of other similar ones..

Quote Originally Posted by Birnando View Post
    This kind of vids pops up from time to time.
    I am still trying to figure out why they do, other than as a way to brag about the ability to put an edge on a knife...
    I prefer to perform my daily head-shaves with a proper straight razor myself
    +1, it successively served to amaze the hell out of many SR newbies, but other than that.. I guess Murray Carter quirky shaving vids are inspiring to some people after all.

i know this guy. Jens. ivn been in his house.

A DE is a double edge razor.
    Like a Gillette Fatboy or thousands of other similar ones..
    OK, I'm intrigued. I can't imagine shaving my head with a straight razor. The head blades are nice but clog. I like the Power Fusion because it unclogs easily. Will a double edged razor give a smoother shave? I know nothing of them except remember one in my grandparent's bathroom. I don't shave every day, maybe every other or every third day and if there is something better out there I'd love to know.

-AJ

Quote Originally Posted by ajhuff View Post
    OK, I'm intrigued. I can't imagine shaving my head with a straight razor. The head blades are nice but clog. I like the Power Fusion because it unclogs easily. Will a double edged razor give a smoother shave? I know nothing of them except remember one in my grandparent's bathroom. I don't shave every day, maybe every other or every third day and if there is something better out there I'd love to know.

-AJ
    Yes, in my opinion a DE will shave circles around the Fusion.
    Closer, smoother and without clogging up while doing so.
    They can be had for just a few bucks on ebay, and the blades are dirt cheap compared to the cartridges.
    Try to find a vintage Gillette, and get some Gillette yellow pack blades and you have some stellar gear for shaving.
    Again, imho that is

trimming the bush to make the tree look taller

If I have a little fuzz going on I use an open comb style, almost impossible to clog and much smoother then any cartridge razor I've ever used. The quality of the blade plays a huge part in the closeness of shave with DE razors, you can buy cheap wilkinson's or the like at Walmart for a buck or two for a ten pack which will last a month but for a better shave quality blades make all the difference, I like feather blades but some find them to be "too sharp."

Yes, in my opinion a DE will shave circles around the Fusion.
    Closer, smoother and without clogging up while doing so.
    They can be had for just a few bucks on ebay, and the blades are dirt cheap compared to the cartridges.
    Try to find a vintage Gillette, and get some Gillette yellow pack blades and you have some stellar gear for shaving.
    Again, imho that is
    Yeah I agree with you totally. Got a DE for Christmas a while ago and I love it. Shaves way better than any of the modern Gilettes and the blades cost about 20p each

+ Reply to Thread