Quantcast
Shaving head with a nakiri - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shaving head with a nakiri

Quote Originally Posted by ajhuff View Post
    OK, I'm intrigued. I can't imagine shaving my head with a straight razor. The head blades are nice but clog. I like the Power Fusion because it unclogs easily. Will a double edged razor give a smoother shave? I know nothing of them except remember one in my grandparent's bathroom. I don't shave every day, maybe every other or every third day and if there is something better out there I'd love to know.

-AJ
    I shaved my head for many years before growing my hair long, and i can agree the head blades are terrible and clog. I used the gillete mach 3s at the time ,. but i was not into DE or wet shaving at the time.

A DE or straight razor shave on the head or face is supreme in comparison to the more "modern" methods, and more cost effective (if you control the addiction!)

I personally use DE Razors to shave and have never looked back.

And to those commenting on the video! he didnt have very long hair but you can hear that its scraping and shaving .. hes probably just going for that smooth glass feel. And again what shocked me is not because its just another knife shaving video, its the LONG strokes he took!! realy scary imo the guy is totally "zen"

Quote Originally Posted by bieniek View Post
    And you propably have enough of these not to need nakiri for the job
    Hope U had nice holiday B

Ive seen this guy shaving with CCK cleaver but whats the point I havent catched that. Hes from Sweden
    I reckon I kinda do
    Thanks mate, NYC was great!
    Both the Mrs and I had a ball over there.
    Will go back soon

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    I've been cutting my vegetables with a straight razor for years. This is no big deal....

When I saw Murry shave off his beard wt a necknife,in his advanced sharpening DVD at first I thought what is he doing?Then it hit me,taking a totaly dull blade,2 basic stones,& sound tech.,shaved a full beard off his face & neck.I was impressed.Started working on stropping on polishing stones after that.

I give you straight Razor guys credit,never used one yet maybe too chicken

i've seen murry shave with a spoon! =D

Spokane, WA aka Spokanistan, or Spoklahoma, or...
    This guy is cool, I give him credit cuz he does what he does and he does it well. I LOVE shaving the nugbone with my DE. 100 feather razors cost me $15 shipped. My 1943 Gillette cost me $6. I have straights as well and got pretty good with them but DE is so convenient and easy just been rocking that lately. Smoothest shave ever.
    Amat Victoria Curam Fortune favors the prepared.
    "A human being is primarily a bag for putting food into." -George Orwell

I'm going to try a Gem single edge. Should be here this week. If I like it I might try a Vie from Lefty.

-AJ

I can get 30 feather blades,Merker 180 safty razor,Tweezerman brush for about 60.00 on Amazon.Now I'm using Costco throwaways & canned soap,I could easy go to a brush & mug,have 2 Antique carbon straight razors,but not the huevos to try them yet.

Maybe I will try the DE safty razor & feather blades see how I like it

Quote Originally Posted by keithsaltydog View Post
    I can get 30 feather blades,Merker 180 safty razor,Tweezerman brush for about 60.00 on Amazon.Now I'm using Costco throwaways & canned soap,I could easy go to a brush & mug,have 2 Antique carbon straight razors,but not the huevos to try them yet.

Maybe I will try the DE safty razor & feather blades see how I like it
    That would be a great start for getting better shaves and less skin-irritation
    One little tip if you go that route; Get a sampler pack of various blades.
    The various blades out there can really make a difference when you find the right one for you.
    That said, the Feather blades are top-notch, although some feel they are a bit harsh.

Thanks I was looking & found bulk blades are much cheaper but wanted to try first & see how I like it.So got 10 feather blades,Merker 180,Tweezerman bager brush,shaving soap all for 60.00 free shipping.Now I will look into sampler pacs. like you said.

Maybe I should start a new thread. Got my Gem today. Shaved a third of my face with it. Not impressed so far. My Power Fusion shaved the other 2/3 faster and didn't feel like it was pulling tbe hairs out. Wasn't even a close contest. I'll give the old fashion blade a few more attempts though.

-AJ