Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Symon's cutting board on Cook like an iron chef

Michael Symon's cutting board on Cook like an iron chef

Outside Morimoto, Michael Symon is my favorite iron chef. He just makes stuff I like eat. Have you guys ever seen the board he uses on "Cooking like an Iron Chef". It totally badass. Its an integrated board that appears to be about the size of a standard work desk. I think its made out of walnut and has a large hole cut in it for trash. I'm thinking of making making one to replace the top of my kitchen island.

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." --Albert Einstein

Is that an ewe on his shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by rockbox View Post
    Outside Morimoto, Michael Symon is my favorite iron chef. He just makes stuff I like eat. Have you guys ever seen the board he uses on "Cooking like an Iron Chef". It totally badass. Its an integrated board that appears to be about the size of a standard work desk. I think its made out of walnut and has a large hole cut in it for trash. I'm thinking of making making one to replace the top of my kitchen island.

Hmm...
    interesting idea. I was thinking about making a 42x25" end-grain countertop for one of my kitchen cabinets, which has a trash bin next to it.
    Your post gave me an idea.
    Cutting the hole in 2.5" thick counter top could be a bit tricky, but doable with a plunge router and a circle cutting jig. I say it is tricky because of the thickness of the wood (you have to make shallow passes), otherwise it's pretty straight forward.

M

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Marko,

I'm great for ideas. I'm just not so good at execution.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." --Albert Einstein

Warren's son Josh had a counter top butcher's block (3" thick I believe) made with a hole cut in it for dumping into the trash. I believe he had Bally block make it, they're local here.

It might be an Ozark West board. At least they advertise on their site that he uses their board on the show. Scroll down about a third of the way.

http://www.ozarkwest.com/cuboseonfone.html

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Curtis Stone has a miniature version out (it's not executed well either...)
    I have an island designed for our next house that has a hole like that, but with a little little steps built in, so you can cover it up when not in use.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Drinky, thanks for the link. I have to admit I lingered for far too long on the first chef.
    Dave has RR, I have GDL
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Sorry for the huge picture, but here is another angle of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    Curtis Stone has a miniature version out (it's not executed well either...)
    I have an island designed for our next house that has a hole like that, but with a little little steps built in, so you can cover it up when not in use.
    Now that's a great idea.