• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS Konosuke HD Western Gyuto 270mm + handle material desert ironwood

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello,

I am selling my hardly used Konosuke HD Western Gyuto 270mm. I have used it in a 2-person household home environment for probably 3-5 times only on soft wooden boards (oak), veggies and unboned meat only. I had planned to have it rehandelled with desert ironwood scales, but I would like to get myself a custom wa-gyuto instead, so I am letting this one go.

Konosuke's HD steel is semi-stainless, so there is a light "patina" on the blade if you want to call it like this. The knife has never seen any sharpening, it has the original bevels on it. I found this knife terrifyingly sharp! I am asking US$ 250 + shipping. Current HD2 in 270mm length sells for US$ 313 + shipping. I ship worldwide (from Austria/Europe), shipping costs above US$ 25.- are covered by me. Paypal fees, import duties/taxes, etc. are bourne by the buyer.

Ironwood scales (120x40x13 mm): I have bought those at a German store for EUR 64 + EUR 12,50 shipping = EUR 76,50 in total, which makes roughly US$ 102. I am asking US$ 75 including (!) shipping.

If you want hi-res pics, please send me your e-mail address in a PM.

DSC01855_small.jpg

DSC01856small.jpg

DSC01865small.jpg

DSC01866small.jpg

DSC01867small.jpg

Nice knife and nice ironwood block...good luck with the sale! Always seeing wood like that makes me wish I was into doing the handles myself.

It's a great knife. I did the same thing as you and got mine rehandled. I'm pretty sure the Westerns are a bit thicker than the wa handled versions. Wish you had posted this about a week ago :(

Back