• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Zakuri blue #1 240mm

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schanop

Reaction score
One more knife up for sale before I am off to Hong Kong for two weeks.

Zakuri blue #1 240mm gyuto. I got this knife from Jon in 2011 and has been using it in alteration with other knives. Recent purchases of Shigefusa gyutos and Heiji Santoku makes me really realised that this Zakuri has too much belly for my liking.

So for this well loved, KU stripped, secondary bevel widen and raised, slightly thinned, rounded choil and spine, with sign of crack on the ferule, work horse Zakuri, I am asking $150AUD shipped within AU. I think this is a fair price considering, a new one from Jon shipped to AU is in the order of $200.

These images are from last night sharpening. Open in new tab/window for full size.
zakuri0.jpg

zakuri1.jpg

zakuri2.jpg

zakuri3.jpg

zakuri4.jpg

zakuri5.jpg

zakuri6.jpg

And compared with patina images I took on the day before.

zakuripatina0.jpg

zakuripatina1.jpg

If I handn't just acquired the AS version, I'd be all over this one. :)

Chinese New Year Sale bump, 138 AUD shipped within AU.

Year of snake bump,

138AUD shipped within the country, any one in AU?

I have been using the knife a bit for the past week. Still prefer the lower tip of the Shig and Heiji that I have. The knife has been cleaned up a bit more, less of original rough grind marks, and a good kasumi polish.

zakuripolished0.jpg

zakuripolished1.jpg

How about, 128 AUD shipped within AU? Heiji gyuto and vintage K-Sabatier chef recently received have superseded the role (a robust workhorse knife) this beautiful Zakuri has in my block.

Yes, sure. You pay additional shipping and handling fee. Not a lot more.

Thank Pete. Fingers crossed. Hopefully, you'll be happy with your package too.

woulda bought it if only my country's postal service don't steal. i just lost a couple packages recently. if i bought this, it woulda gotten stolen as well. =(

only way for that to not happen is to have it insured and shipped via fedex or something.... that would cost about as much as getting a new one and then some.

i really like what you did with the knife.

only option for me is to get stuff from the US only coz I have couriers there that won't charge and arm and a leg and i don't get taxed like a murrfurr when i use their services =(

Sorry for the late post. I'd just like to say I received the knife a few days ago. Haven't even had the chance to use it yet. The knife has had some great work put into it and edge looks very nicely finished and I must say the packaging of the knife was excellent. More secure and professional than most parcels I've received. Great buy! Thanks schanop!

Back