• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

misono 240 swedish f/s or trade w/saya

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
this knife is my primary work beater, comes w/saya. im looking to trade up to a 270mm gyuto. im interested in either a hiromoto or a tkc but if you have something similar please let me know. or ill sell it for $160 shipped. thanks.

I'm curious does yours have a number on the opposite side of the dragon on the bolster. Mine has a 71 but don't really know what it's all about

Mine has 101 on the bolster, and so did the 270 I had in my shop.

so all the numbers end with a 1. interesting. mine was purchased new maybe 2-3 monthes ago. im guessing the number designates when it was made.

As in 07? I have a feeling the first number might be the year they were made. 10 lines up for me.

I, along with a few others who also bought theirs at the same time, noted that the steel wasn't nearly as reactive as previous reviews claimed it to be. No stinking or discoloration of product, and it didn't really rust unless particularly abused. I figured there was a compositional adjustment in their steel around the time we bought 'em, though of course that hasn't been officially verified. A few months later they jacked up the prices, so maybe there was more behind the increase than just inflation and branding.

Holy crap, I think you're onto something!

well vertigo, you sir must be sitting on one of their better vintages! again, my numbers read 111 and it was quite reactive to say the least. patina was pretty though.wasnt there a change in the dragon at some point also? like they changed the engraving?

I wanna see pics of the new and old dragon. I'm still not sure what changed, exactly.

PS. This thread is really awesome, even though the item was sold in less than a day.

I STILL remember that exact knife. Does it still have the tape on the handle? You should get it back and have Matt make you a handle with a blue insert in the scales.

And yes, I'm at work, between calls, checking this site to numb my brain.

No, I had Adam put a new handle on it before I sold it, so it was tape-free. And I tried to get it back from No Chop, but he wasn't keen on parting with it. Big surprise there! :D

Back