• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

F/S Hattori FH Honesuki

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

playford

Reaction score
Recently bought this Hattori FH Honesuki (micarta handle version) on a whim over at KF from scott, despite it being a great knife, I dunno how much I'm gonna use it. Comes with the original case (the nicer first jck version).

http://www.knifeforums.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/919503/ pics on this thread..

I've done one chicken break down with it, so its the same as it was sold to me!

Costs $237 incl postage on jck.

EU - I'll post to eu but contact me with your country and ill find out exact postage. It'll be £80+exact postage.
UK £85 posted (im uk based so could be a bargain)
US folks £100 posted.

I accept paypal but if your paying this way, you pay the fees. I'm already selling cheap!

f

EU - I'll post to eu but contact me with your country and ill find out exact postage. It'll be £80+exact postage.
UK £85 posted (im uk based so could be a bargain)
US folks £100 posted.

I accept paypal but if your paying this way, you pay the fees. I'm already selling cheap!

I'm not trying to be rude, but according to Paypal policies, you cannot ask the buyer to pay YOUR fees. And, the fees for your $237 knife... $7.11, so make your asking price $244, and you'll be all set... Plus.. really 100 pounds shipped to US?? I ordered many thing from the EU and UK, and never paid close to 100 pounds for shipping... Are knives somehow different? as in, they have to be shipped a certain way, which makes them more expensive to ship? I honestly don't know.... I've mostly dealt with R/C heli's, which weigh much more, but shipped for much less... Just curious.. not trying to crap up your thread...

I mention the Paypal policy, because you can honestly lose your Paypal account for stating it the way you did...

Good luck with the sale!
joe_Breezy

I'm not trying to be rude, but according to Paypal policies, you cannot ask the buyer to pay YOUR fees. And, the fees for your $237 knife... $7.11, so make your asking price $244, and you'll be all set... Plus.. really 100 pounds shipped to US?? I ordered many thing from the EU and UK, and never paid close to 100 pounds for shipping... Are knives somehow different? as in, they have to be shipped a certain way, which makes them more expensive to ship? I honestly don't know.... I've mostly dealt with R/C heli's, which weigh much more, but shipped for much less... Just curious.. not trying to crap up your thread...

I mention the Paypal policy, because you can honestly lose your Paypal account for stating it the way you did...

Good luck with the sale!
joe_Breezy

I've been on many forums where people ask for fees and although it is against PP policy I've never heard of anyone having a problem asking for fees to be paid. It's especially reasonable when a seller offers multiple ways to pay, and the buyer chooses Paypal; the buyer wants to convenience they can fork out the extra couple of bucks.

Also please re read the listing, the seller is offering the knife for 100 pounds WITH shipping to the US, not 100 pounds for shipping to the US. The $237 figure is a comparison to what it sells for new.

Oh my bad on the shipping costs...

Ok, I had a whole post written about this... but, I just don't want to list some huge rant in the seller's thread... I'm merely going to ask, just because it is done, on pretty much every forum, does that make it right? The fact is, most people don't know it is against Paypal policies to ask the seller to pay their fees... So, I figure, I'm being a nice guy, pointing out the policy, so they don't lose their account. I'm not forcing anyone to comply... And, I'm certainly not reporting them to paypal... I'm merely letting people know it is against paypal policy, like someone did to me a few years back...

This is the only thing I'm going to say about this. I will not post anymore to this thread...

Good luck to the seller... Hope it sells quickly!

Joe_Breezy

You can always check seller references and send money as gift....

That is an option, but not a very good one.
If stuff gets lost in transport you are basically out of pocket and with nothing to show for it.
A seller may have the best refs in the world, but assuming risk for the package the entire way to your front-door is not sound advice imho.

Firstly, I don't post without tracking as it leaves me as a seller open to someone telling me it hasn't arrived and then having to refund (this goes on all to often on ebay sadly).

Secondly, This is already a serious chop below retail (for a uk buyer its 60% of retail with no customs charges). IF you want I can up the price to include fees and then offer a discount for those who don't wish to pay by paypal (I was thinking uk buyers who can just bank transfer)

Thirdly, If you have an issue with a particular listing, perhaps its a better idea to contact a mod or the seller rather than all this through their listing. It makes me look somehow dishonest or doing something I shouldn't be when frankly I'm being entirely honest and transparent in terms
of pricing. Its also a bit rude.

I can supply references as a buyer and seller on here and can show my ebay feedback that is over ten years old and 100% positive.

I apologize if you felt I was attacking you as a seller in any way... It was not my intention... My intention, which completely snowballed out of control, was simply to let you know asking for paypal fees was against their policies... Many people don't know this. It is completely up to you whether you, or any other seller, to follow their rules or not... I'm not the paypal police, but I would hate to see someone lose their paypal account, because they didn't know the policy...

There is a way around it... If you accept more than one form of payment, you can charge a "handling" fee for accepting paypal... For you, it would be within paypal policies to say x pounds for UK buyer using bank transfer, and x pounds plus 3% handling for for those using Paypal....

I should have just PM'd you, but my intention, was sort of a public service... I wasn't "picking on you," I just happened to use your thread to post it in, and for that, I apologize. I never meant for it to get so out of control...

I wish you the best of luck on your sale, and I hope things can get back on track.
Joe_Breezy

If you have an issue with a listing, please go to one of the mods. That's their role.

Can one of the mod's perhaps delete this thread and let me re-list. This is a total mess when all I've tried to do is an honest sale.

I'm actually interested in the sale, not the discussion of Paypal terms of use :)

Could you please fix the links to the pictures? They're not working, and knifeforums seems to be completely down at the moment, so no luck with your link to the original thread there either.

like this?

Middle one looks like a suji/gyuto though.

IMG_0369_800x600.jpg

IMG_0359_800x600.jpg

IMG_0366_800x600.jpg

I'm actually interested in the sale, not the discussion of Paypal terms of use :)

Could you please fix the links to the pictures? They're not working, and knifeforums seems to be completely down at the moment, so no luck with your link to the original thread there either.

Kf is working for me? I can email you the pics if you want (pm me) while I sort out some new image shack links or something.

No need, it's back up, was down about 1h ago.

One thing that's unclear from the pictures: this has a flat, not hollow-ground back, right?

Back