new 1k stone

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

azchef

Reaction score
So I am having to replace my chocera stone as it has cracked. I am looking for some suggestion. I like the chocera but its alittle expensive to replace with my wife in nursing school.

I currently have a 400 grit naniwa. 1k chocera-cracked. 3k super stone 5k chocera broken into 2 Pcs and 8k super stone and a leather strop.

Thank you

Before reading your post I was going to say the chosera as I really love that stone. Really like the 5k too. I pretty much use them as splash n go's with just a couple minutes soak time I haven't had any problems yet, but in the hot humid fl weather they don't dry out too fast either. The bester 1.2k is a fantastic stone aswell and still use mine. Even though its been worn to less than 1cm thick its still holding up and perma soaks along with a naniwa akamon beston 500 and suehiro rika at work. That being said I love the naniwa akamon big red brick. It fits what I'm looking for in a medium stone to a tee. It feels a lot like the chocera 1k though doesn't cut as quickly, but having an enormous sharpening area more than makes up for it and is a stone that is well worth looking into.

Bester 1K & the much liked 1.2 K are very nice stones,either would make a good Med. stone.Fast,great feedback,versitile,better IMO than some more expensive stones,except my Gesshins.You can pick up a Bester for alot less than your chosera's & it will serve you well.

you can get the akamon at knifewear.com. He has the normal size for $42 and the Xlarge(not shown on site) for $89

Back