printer ink?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sudsy9977

Founding Member
Reaction score
hey everyone...so i got new blank ink for my printer...of course once i installed it it said i needed all the colors too...but it won't print in black and white?....do u need all the colors for these high fangled gadgets to print nowadays....isnt black black?......ryan

is it H.P.
You can turn your printer setting only to print black and white.

its an epson workforce 545

is that the case that u can't print if all the cartridges aren't full?

Can you go into your print settings and set it for black/white only? Or greyscale?

they use some for the color to add to the black to make it even more black , go figure.
I am not sure how the new cartridges are but with older models one could cover some of the contacts on the printer head and fool machine to think there were a cartridge installed.

Selected FAQ

Q:

The color ink cartridge is expended even though I print in black only. Why does this happen?
A:

To keep the print head clear and ready to print, the printer uses a small amount of ink from all the cartridges whenever it prints. Even if you select Black/Grayscale or Grayscale, some color ink is still being used

you could try taking all the ink out and reinstall all again might work just press ok when the error comes up

try printing with just the black ink cartridge only. some printers can do that.

Man that sucks...who would thought black could get more black than black!.... Seems like it is a pretty dumb idea but I guess the fat cats keep getting richer making me buy yet more ink....Ryan

Although you can set the printer driver to only print in grey scale or even in pure black and white, most manufacturers still require you to have functioning color cartridges to actually print even though they won't be used. They make all their money on ink, not printers and therefore hate people not buying ink.

Back