Hegner HSM 300

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twistington

Reaction score
My current disc sander is acting like a first class a-hole so i wondering if any of you gentlemen have any experience with this machine? :)

/Dan

Looks like a typical Taiwanese or Chinese -made piece of equipment. Probably adequate for most things.

Hegner are famed for their scrollsaws and have a reputation for being solidly built units. I'd expect them to be European rather than far eastern in origin

I might have to disappoint you, but almost nothing is made in US and Europe anymore, bar from high end, computerized, and professional grade equipment, that would cost many times over. I am almost certain that sander is made in Taiwan or China. Cheaper than to make it in Poland or Hungary and Taiwan has been making equipment for US market for some time now, even in pro tools - milling machines, surface grinders, etc., so the quality is OK.

I try to buy US made machines, but all mine are typically over 20 years old. Anything newer is imports, even on big brand names - made in Taiwan, China and Mexico. Still prefer old US made to imports. The build quality and durability is evident.

M

The scroll saws atleast seems to be made in "[...]Black Forest region of southern Germany where scrollsawn woodwork has a very long tradition." (http://www.thewoodworks.com.au/)

But the sander, no idea... :/

(At work, it's a pain to do research on the iphone)

Edit: Reading was also way to hard obviously.

I think this machine will end up in my workshop... if it sucks you will be the first to know(and I will cry silently in the far north) :)

Back