Second Video on Food Release and Performance

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marko Tsourkan

Founding Member
Reaction score
Time to make a second one, with my new geometry - no flex, thicker at the spine and the knife has more heft to it. Thinner version will also be available, but this time I will make a video of thicker version only. Eventually, I will compare the two.

There was a request a while back for push and pull cut on potatoes soaked overnight and refrigerated - this will be included in the video. My usual suspects are tomatoes, carrots, onions and apples.

What else do you want me to cut and how should I prepare the stuff to cut?

I will cram all in one video. It's going to be as bad as the first one, but you should be able to see the knife performance.

Sounds interesting, sweet potatoes or something similarly hard like swede (rutabaga) would be good to see. Looking forward to the vid

Sweet potatoes are in, if I can find rutabaga, I will include it too.

Horizontal and vertical cuts on onion would be good ones.

I have a shitload of rutabaga...... hint hint.

It's going to be as bad as the first one, but you should be able to see the knife performance.

Hmm. This may be a weak point in your program. I'm no cinematographer, but, using a Canon HFM41 (I'm sure there are better cameras available), I don't think I've ever (or least not often) made a "bad" video; if there was any light at all, it looked good.

You're a good photographer, so what's the problem?

You're a good photographer, so what's the problem?

Modesty.
Marko, can you also do just normal potatoes so we all have a reference point? I don't cut many overnight soaked potatoes. Something you rock chop would be nice also, herbs?

I would like to see the knife placed on top of a carrot and pulled back and forth with no hand pressure - only the weight of the blade. It's a clear test to reveal the geometry and I highly regard it. (It isn't a pass or fail test either).

Back