Media Entree Specials

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThEoRy

Founding Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube_share;sRtJbb8i5ms]http://youtu.be/sRtJbb8i5ms[/video]

That just happened.

Looks good. Making me hungry. Has to be a good sign, lol

Looking good, I shouldn't have skipped dinner... However, I have a question - and please don't take this personal, i'm not a pro after all: It looks like one consistent style element in plating is to arrange items in a small tower. Seeing them all together like that, I am wondering whether more variation there would be an option. I never understood the little towers. Well, if I put something on top so that the juices add to whatever is below, I can see a purpose. Is there any other reason to do that or ist that purely an esthetic choice?

Stefan

Looking good, I shouldn't have skipped dinner... However, I have a question - and please don't take this personal, i'm not a pro after all: It looks like one consistent style element in plating is to arrange items in a small tower. Seeing them all together like that, I am wondering whether more variation there would be an option. I never understood the little towers. Well, if I put something on top so that the juices add to whatever is below, I can see a purpose. Is there any other reason to do that or ist that purely an esthetic choice?

Stefan

Really it's mostly just visual or structural. They look consistent because that's plating style the chef wanted plus my plating abilities combined. Basically I can do whatever I want to on the plate within the confines of the chef's general vision or style.

Looks good. Just wondering what that brillo pad was on top. Also what was the blue/purple sauce on the bottom. Glad to see more vid's coming from you. :thumbsup:

Stefan, when you stack like that it draws the eye to the top first. Then the colors and structure come in to play. It gives a awe feeling with the food.

I want to say crispy fennel frawns and Okinawa sweet potatoes.

It's also to the aughts what a ring of parsley was to the 90s. Common trends in "culinary vision."

:plus1:

Speaking of, I had "chocolate salami" for dessert at a local place tonight...it was quite good actually. Chocolate + almond slivers to create the appearance of a very dark salami.

8410379066_72b9c87bff_b.jpg

Latest posts

Back