looking for 210mm suji/ petty

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miketayl0r

Reaction score
Recently promoted to Sous at my restaurant and will be in need of a line slicer. Looking for something semi ss or ss, and something that can take a beating through a busy night on the line. Price range $150-$250, Wa handle preferably with rounded spine and choil.

I've checked out the gesshin ginga ss 210 petty at JKI, but I'm afraid it could be too thin and susceptible to damages as a line knife
(any feedback or option on this would be awesome)

Any suggestions? or knives meeting these specs you want to sell?
Thanks,
Mike

i read somewhere that jon broida used to use a 210 hiromoto petty on the line when he still used to cook for a living.

=D

maybe you could check that out.

i dont think hiromoto makes a 210 petty. atleast, not anymore. i gotta admit, i had a konosuke 210mm petty and i found it too be a little to flimsy for my uses. i got a dirt cheap tojiro 210 petty and i much preferred it. atleast as an all arounder or to "take a beating" but if youre simply gonna be slicing stuff all day then get a gesshin ginga.

got offered a kono hd and I'm gonna take it! thanks

haha, gotta thank jon for that.

i quite like it too.

Exec on the line 14hrs. a day 6 days a week here.
sounds like you guys run a tight ship, man hours-wise. if my exec is on the line, someone is getting a 15-minute lecture after service bc they couldn't handle it.

I have a ginga 210 petty, purchased as a line knife. It is a tough little knife, no doubt about that, I don't think you need to worry about its durability at all. That said, the little guy virtually weighs nothing, around eighty grams, and so is great on the line if your kitchen is all finesse, but if *any* heft is needed, it feels a little waifish.

Back