Check these babies out!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to say they are beautiful, but I imaging drag when cutting through anything wider then the exposed steel would be simply awful. Thinning would be a pain in the rear too, imagine having to pull out a plane just to expose enough steel to start on the stones with.

At least they call them "wonderful objects" in the last paragraph and not "wonderful knives"...

um ya they look like a single bevel too
original_wooden-knife-3.jpg

I am still trying to figure out this one
original_wooden-knife-2.jpg

Are those how the blade is connected? with rivets?:scratchhead:

They look cool, but it's a totally stupid design...

Stupid idea, not sanitary, horrible profile. etc.... In addition, when will people realize, just cause it looks like a kitchen knife does not mean it performs like one?

Stiction of bacteria may be though....

I can see the theory behind it, you but a fancy wood grained knife and from what im guessing the blade is interchangeable? i.e Gillette razor, so when its blunt you put on a new one.
But in real life its a no go, maybe a few rich housewives might buy it to cut some lemons for their mid afternoon vodka tonics.

I got a damascus blade paper knife/letter opener by Hiro while I was in Japan which was of a similar construction:
Hiro.jpg

Wouldn't dream of using it for food, though... :scared4:

Back