Quantcast
Richmond Addict Upgrades - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Richmond Addict Upgrades

For those looking for explanation(as I was), I heard from the horse's mouth that the next run of Addicts are going to be 20% thinner, and CPM154. I guess there was a consensus on that need--Carter's page even says that he thins the bottom half.

He also told me that he is trying to offer different sharpeners as a chance to create exposure for folks who like to sharpen, as a way of giving back to people who refer him and patron his store.

I just got through skimming some fat off another piglet.....she's lean and trim now.

PS - This steel is gummy galore but moves easy enough, just doesn't finish nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    I just got through skimming some fat off another piglet.....she's lean and trim now.

PS - This steel is gummy galore but moves easy enough, just doesn't finish nicely.
    I'm still enjoying the one you "put on a diet" for me, Dave. The edge is holding up nicely.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Pensacola Tiger View Post
    I'm still enjoying the one you "put on a diet" for me, Dave. The edge is holding up nicely.

Rick

Good to hear on both counts.

Dave,

I just picked up my newly trimmed Addict from the post office and I cannot thank you enough. Your work is amazing and after seeing what you've done with this knife I am even more excited for what you will be doing with your own knives. Thanks again and job well done!

ah man, i know exactly what you mean by that comment, about it being gummy. that's too bad. makes it much less likely that i buy one for my girlfriend's little brother for his birthday, as dealing with that isn't for novices (he can always come over for me to work on it, but he works at a cafe, so that's not always an option, as i can't sharpen his knives every day).

I see that there's now 6 other "finish sharpening" options (from novice sharpeners) to select from besides Murray. What's up with that? Maybe Mark's testing his options to see who does the best work? LOL
    good thing they aren't having me work on them, it would take me 5 or 6 hundred hours per knife until i was finally fully happy. that of course would include thinning and refinishing.

got a hold of an addict, but don't know if it's 1st or 2nd gen. it appears to have been reprofiled as there is mostly all flat and even the rise to the tip is flat with very little curve. wondering if there are any clues as to how to tell (profile obviously out of the question).

i'm going to put a new edge on it and it looks like it could do with a bit of thinning, i don't have a grinder but do have a diamond plate and a naniwa 150. any advice or just go at it and have fun grinding away for hours?

is it just this one, or does the handle seem to tilt downward, was that intentional? it looks weird as hell!