Moritaka kiritsuke 240mm passaround

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Interested in a Moritaka supreme series kiritsuke 240mm?

Rules are standard - keep for a week, able to pass the knife on without reminders, forum member with a min. of 20 posts, sharpen if you know what you're doing.

Please respond to the thread if you're interested. I'll send out in order of response, though we may group people by geography if it makes sense. Less travel time.

moritaka_kirusuke_240_1.jpg

moritaka_kirusuke_240_2.jpg

I would love to give this a try. Have heard so much about them would like to put a blade with the pic's.

I've been hoping a kiritsuke would pop up in the passarounds, Id definitely like to give er a try

I'd like to try this one out, if you don't mind. Was this a recent purchase? I'd think I'd ask folks to be particularly careful with the tip because of the flat profile.

I'm new here, but if this is the knife you have/had for sale, I'm definitely interested in participating (if you will allow). I was so close to posting my interest on your sale thread...

you know, i've never used a Moritaka. i'd like to try it.

Good group of people, I'll wait till end of Monday and send out a final list.

Regarding Europe, no idea how shipping will work. Anyone with experience sending knives to Europe for a passaround and have advice, I'm all ears.

Thanks for the patience, I've been slammed at work.

Here's the order, with the knife traveling from west coast to east coast, and then to CA.
1. tk59 - San Diego
2. crimedog72 - Washington
3. Vertigo - Montana
4. Crothcipt - Wyoming
5. physiognomy - Colorado
6. Chuckles - Minneapolis
7. EdipisReks - Ohio
8. rahimlee54 - North Carolina
9. Jmadams13 - Pennsylvania
10. Mike9 - New York
11. Igasho - Victoria BC

Waiting for more EU peeps: eaglerock

I'll ship the knife to tk59 tomorrow and will update this thread. Once you receive the knife, please update the thread. If you're inclined, please share your thoughts. I appreciate the passarounds as we seen to have a lot of good reviews and discussions as the result.

Thanks.

-Don

Last edited:
Hey!
I'd love to jump in if there's room. I work on line full time at a Japanese izakaya with lots of prep and have always wanted to try aogami super and a kiritsuke profile. I'm in Portland, OR right between BC and CA :) but from the bay originally!

A work out in an izakaya sounds great - added to the list.

1. tk59 - San Diego [Current location of the kiritsuke]
3. Vertigo - Montana
4. Crothcipt - Wyoming
7. EdipisReks - Ohio
9. Jmadams13 - Pennsylvania
10. Mike9 - New York
11. Igasho - Victoria BC
12. pleue - Oregon

Now that's a lot of interest for a maker who has all but been written off. Nice job, guys.

Any chance I hop in for a few days since it's already gonna be in Victoria? Igasho and i live bout 10 mins away from each other. If I missed out I know i was late but I thought id try since pass arounds don't make it up north too often lol

Notaskinnychef, Id be willing to bet i could spit and hit your house, just a gut feeling lol

def, after you and I have talked further, seems like we are only a drunken stumble away from each other....and KKF has led me to another local knife nut lol

Updated list:

1. tk59 - San Diego [Current location of the kiritsuke]
3. Vertigo - Montana
4. Crothcipt - Wyoming
7. EdipisReks - Ohio
9. Jmadams13 - Pen nsylvania
10. Mike9 - New York
11. Igasho - Victoria BC
12. Notaskinnychef - Victoria BC
13. pleue - Oregon
14. ayeung74 - Texas
15. toddnmd - Maryland

Cheers, thanks so much for adding me in, this is my first pass around, I'm excited.

Got the knife today. Screamin' edge on it, thanks Tinh. Just got in, so haven't had a chance to try out yet. Should be able to give it a good workout tomorrow, though.

very cool. I am so excited to try this, for many reasons but one of the main ones being is that I have never used a Wa handle before, only western ones.

Plus, I think that both Igasho and I are both novices in terms of sharpening so depending how comfortable people are above us, it wont get sharpened until it hits number 13

sorry about forgetting to post this earlier...sent the knife along to Vertigo Monday morning, post office says it should arrive Thursday. will post my impressions in the next day or so.

I'm going to pull out of this pass around. I picked up a Moritaka Gyuto off BST since this thread started and it was the steel and grind I was interested in more than the profile. I have been very impressed with the knife. Enjoy the kiritsuke guys!

Since it'll already be in Canada I'd love to try it if list is still open. I'm in ontario

Back