Small scimitar test knife.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Davis

Reaction score
I wanted to do a test knife to see how to do everything on a big one i am doing. Here are the dimensions.
Blade: 1095 steel, differentially heat treated and polished. Edge length, 8 inches.
Spine thickness: Heel, 4.4mm, halfway, 3.3mm 4mm behind tip is .37mm. Height is 34.8mm
Handle: Stabilized black dyed maple burl, musk ox horn spacer and crosscut african blackwood ferrule.
Dimensions at ferrule: 18mmx23.5mm, at butt is 21.7mmx25.6mm and is 137mm in length.
Still have to mount the handle, makers mark and sharpen, but that will all be done tonight when i get out of work.
Price is $450 shipped conus, international will pay actual shipping.
P1040182.jpg

P1040185.jpg

P1040188.jpg

P1040189.jpg

P1040190.jpg

P1040187.jpg

Thanks for looking. Any questions, please feel free to ask :)

DANG!!! :eek2: That is one sexy knife!

congrats! Mike, nice looking knife. love the Hamon!

That's a very handsome blade Mike. And gone in less than 60 minutes too.

Very nice knife! Please excuse the newbie question, but what is a knife of this shape generally used for?

Scimitar is usually used to break down large cuts of meat.

Scimitar is usually used to break down large cuts of meat.

Thanks, Mike! I appreciate you taking the time to answer... I have seen several (cool) examples on this forum, but always wondered what tasks best suit this knife.

Dam I should have looked at this thread some time ago. Not like I had any money for it. Sweet knife Mike, great looking hamon. don't see many blue handles here, love it.

Awesome knife! love Mikes work a real treat for anybody that can get one!

Back