Quantcast
Vie-Long Partnership
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vie-Long Partnership

Vie-Long Partnership

Hey guys!

I just wanted to let you all know that Vie-Long and sharpandshinyshop have come together, in a relationship of sorts. I'll be carrying most of their brushes, and if you don't see one of theirs that you want, on sharpandshinyshop.com, just ask!

I also have a DE razor by V-L, perfect for those who want to give DE shaving a try, or those with sensitive skin. In fact, sometimes a nice mild shave is all you want/need. This is a really nice product at a great price. Only 3 in stock, but I can get more in a heartbeat.

http://sharpandshinyshop.com/collections/wet-shaving
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Spokane, WA aka Spokanistan, or Spoklahoma, or...
    Those VL razors are great. If anyone is doubting wether or not to try DE thats a sweet razor to go for. Horse hair brushes really do the job as well. Sweet deals S&S!
    Amat Victoria Curam Fortune favors the prepared.
    "A human being is primarily a bag for putting food into." -George Orwell

Next time I order from Tom I'll be sure to buy a DE, brush and soap as well. Great deals for sure!

Thanks, guys! I have a couple more brushes coming in today (forgotten items, when shipped), as well as a couple new shaving soaps, assuming my computer works....
    09/06

Cool, order sent!

This is pretty cool. I had been thinking about picking up a DE razor for those days when I just need a quick shave.

Any recommendations for replacement blades?
    - Erik

No doubt in my mind, the blades should be Gillette 7 o'clock (any, but most like yellow the best), or my favourite, Gillette Silver Blues. Gillette makes a smooth shaving blade, in general. Most people recommend Feathers, but I hate how they feel. Astras are actually a really decent blade at a ridiculously cheap price. I find they get dull and "grabby" about 2.5 shaves in, though.
    09/06

I ordered the VISION from Tom, I swear shaving is gonna cost more than knives!

Feel free to visit my website, http://www.rodrigueknives.com
    Email pierre@rodrigueknives.com

Spokane, WA aka Spokanistan, or Spoklahoma, or...
    Quote Originally Posted by PierreRodrigue View Post
    I ordered the VISION from Tom, I swear shaving is gonna cost more than knives!
    Well for me, I found KKF and B&B at around the same time, and at first I couldn't afford a whole lotta nice knives so I started buy a crap ton of shaving stuff, Im probably sitting on 7 lifetimes worth of shaving soaps, cremes, aftershaves, brushes, blades, straights, DEs etc...and that all went hand in hand with an immense mens fragrance collection because you wanna smell good after a shave right? How about a $30 stick of deodorant? OK. And if youre that much of a gentleman, why not dip into the world of fountain pens and inks and fine paper. Lets not get started with my musical instruments collection or hats or sunglasses. *sigh*
    Amat Victoria Curam Fortune favors the prepared.
    "A human being is primarily a bag for putting food into." -George Orwell

Oh I miss my fountain pens. They're somewhere in the basement, lost in a move.

I might be catching on to this wet shaving thing. Shaved yesterday, third time, and it was indeed a noticeable improvement. I was all set to plunk down on a DE but I'm can't see any reason to if this GEM is doing the job. I could see having the GEM re-handled though. Now there's a parallel to our kitchen knife world.

-AJ