Vie-Long Partnership

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lefty

Canada's Sharpest Lefty
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I just wanted to let you all know that Vie-Long and sharpandshinyshop have come together, in a relationship of sorts. I'll be carrying most of their brushes, and if you don't see one of theirs that you want, on sharpandshinyshop.com, just ask!

I also have a DE razor by V-L, perfect for those who want to give DE shaving a try, or those with sensitive skin. In fact, sometimes a nice mild shave is all you want/need. This is a really nice product at a great price. Only 3 in stock, but I can get more in a heartbeat. :D

http://sharpandshinyshop.com/collections/wet-shaving

Those VL razors are great. If anyone is doubting wether or not to try DE thats a sweet razor to go for. Horse hair brushes really do the job as well. Sweet deals S&S!

Next time I order from Tom I'll be sure to buy a DE, brush and soap as well. Great deals for sure!

Thanks, guys! I have a couple more brushes coming in today (forgotten items, when shipped), as well as a couple new shaving soaps, assuming my computer works....

This is pretty cool. I had been thinking about picking up a DE razor for those days when I just need a quick shave.

Any recommendations for replacement blades?

No doubt in my mind, the blades should be Gillette 7 o'clock (any, but most like yellow the best), or my favourite, Gillette Silver Blues. Gillette makes a smooth shaving blade, in general. Most people recommend Feathers, but I hate how they feel. Astras are actually a really decent blade at a ridiculously cheap price. I find they get dull and "grabby" about 2.5 shaves in, though.

I ordered the VISION from Tom, I swear shaving is gonna cost more than knives!

I ordered the VISION from Tom, I swear shaving is gonna cost more than knives!

Well for me, I found KKF and B&B at around the same time, and at first I couldn't afford a whole lotta nice knives so I started buy a crap ton of shaving stuff, Im probably sitting on 7 lifetimes worth of shaving soaps, cremes, aftershaves, brushes, blades, straights, DEs etc...and that all went hand in hand with an immense mens fragrance collection because you wanna smell good after a shave right? How about a $30 stick of deodorant? OK. And if youre that much of a gentleman, why not dip into the world of fountain pens and inks and fine paper. Lets not get started with my musical instruments collection or hats or sunglasses. *sigh*

Oh I miss my fountain pens. They're somewhere in the basement, lost in a move.

I might be catching on to this wet shaving thing. Shaved yesterday, third time, and it was indeed a noticeable improvement. I was all set to plunk down on a DE but I'm can't see any reason to if this GEM is doing the job. I could see having the GEM re-handled though. Now there's a parallel to our kitchen knife world. :D

-AJ

Back to shaving stuff! Haha. I'm thinking of bringing in DE blades, for those interested. Gillette and Feather (though they don't suit my face, they are a fantastic blade). If you guys want in/want me to set it up, let me know, otherwise I'll just keep them all for my greedy self!

I've been using the Vie-Long I stole from my site inventory, as my only brush. I'm a face latherer and this thing has more than delivered. I thought, why not see what I can do in a bowl (bearing in mind I hardly bowl lather anymore).

So, I loaded up B to L (new batches are being made, as we speak), and went to it in my bowl (made by TC, though Seagrove to London has more coming!) Here are a few photos.

Brush, looking sexy:

F78C1948-2AED-45F7-8436-6264F2E57960-23926-00001B17680D8D07.jpg

Brush Getting Naughty:

2D22C03E-540A-4BB7-B195-59ACB2E93675-23926-00001B1773A7D744.jpg

Meringue anyone?

B592A8F2-0FFE-4C21-B1E1-103A1C154105-23926-00001B177B1044F8.jpg

I'm not just saying this, but this new batch of V-L brushes is amazing to me. Hands down, this is the best brush I've used, to date!

..................you just convinced me to try old school shaving, that lather looks so comfy and smooth

Haha. That's the spirit! I have been notified that some items aren't coming through properly with the shipping prices. If (theoretically) you, or anyone does go to the checkout and the shipping seems crazy, let me know and I'll see what's up.

Yup, don't know if I can wait until the suji is done, Lefty. I'll have to get in on this when you get the bowls. Do they come loaded with B to L? Maybe you could put a side a brush for me? ;)

Just ordered one of the V-L razors and am looking forward to it! Was tempted to pick up that antique shaving station too, but I had to remind myself that I have nowhere to put it right now. :(

Also, that meringue looks good!

Well, if you've ordered something, it's not shipped out, guaranteed! Am I really all caught up? Crazy.

thankfully the shaving bug hasn't hit me yet, and with the baby being a few months out now, looks like im gonna stick with my Mach3 and the one CN i have lol

But when you do get the bug, I'll be here waiting. Hahaha

Nice lather, Tom. What brush is that? Horse hair?

Thanks! not bad for a guy who doesn't bowl lather anymore. :D

Yup, it's a Vie-Long with premium horse hair. The knot is either 20x50mm or 22x50mm...I can't remember, exactly. Regardless, I AM CARRYING this exact brush for $30, if anyone's interested. While, yes, I'm showing you a product, this really is the nicest brush I've used. That's not a sales pitch.

A quick update for you crazy mofos: the special Vie-Long orders have all been placed, and should be here tomorrow, at the latest. A new batch of V-L safety razors is coming in, because of the demand, as well.

Since we're talking special orders, Merkur orders are in a similar position, but you've all been updated, individually. AND, Brooklyn to London, the best damned soap on the planet, should be en route by mid-week...both scents...what???

Just wanted to drop by and say that the V-L razor arrived yesterday and I gave it a try this morning (using the astra blade you included - a nice surprise bonus!). I have to say that it is indeed a super smooth, gentle and all-round very fine shave, exactly as advertised. Crazy good price too!

Erik, I'm glad it got there safely, quickly and most of all, that you're liking it! It's a smooth shaving beauty of a razor. In fact, I'm so fond of them, I brought in another shipment and I already only have three left. One of them I plan on turning into an "ultimate beginner's package", once the new soap arrives. The package is going to include the razor, B to L soap, a Super Badger Brush, alum, and 5 of the same blades that I use. In other words, with this, you'll be set!

Back