Hello from Québec.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Montrachet

Reaction score
Hi. I've been surfing your sites since few days and I'm new to the knives world mecca. I'm french canadian. So, be cool if I make big mistakes in english. I'll try to do my best. I hope to learn a lot from you guys.:D I spend a lot of my time between the kitchen and the cellar when I'm out of the job. Now I'm dying new knives and handles. :D

Thanks!

Poutine!

-AJ

Arrrgh!!! Poutine...With foie gras only! (The meal... not the russian guy). Otherwise, this meal it's a mess. :eyebrow:

BTW. Thanks everybody for all the welcome posts.

Au Pied de Cochon chez Martin Picard (executive chef) PDC lolll. Yess. Very good. Also very different because it's made with ultra high quality ingredients. French fries cooked in fat duck +Sauce demie-glace+ foies gras de canard (duck fat liver)...Expensive but completely out of this world. If you try the comparison between Poutine from PDC and a basic one. It's like a one dollar K-Mart knife beside top knives from Martell, Rodrigue, Carter, HHH etc. etc. or Shigefusa... really not in the same league.

Au Pied de Cochon chez Martin Picard (executive chef) PDC lolll. Yess. Very good. Also very different because it's made with ultra high quality ingredients. French fries cooked in fat duck +Sauce demie-glace+ foies gras de canard (duck fat liver)...Expensive but completely out of this world. If you try the comparison between Poutine from PDC and a basic one. It's like a one dollar K-Mart knife beside top knives from Martell, Rodrigue, Carter, HHH etc. etc. or Shigefusa... really not in the same league.

I love good ol' Chez Ashton poutine but PDC's was spectacular:
DSCF2209.JPG

:doublethumbsup:

-AJ

Yessss!!! Next time in Montréal. If you return at PDC. try le ''canard en can''. It' a duck's magret and foie gras, and gorgeous ''pomme de terre mousseline'' and demie-glace. All served in a can at your table. The wine list it pretty good too but very expensive ( Everywhere in Quebec prov.) This place is well renown for that type of dishes (not gastronomical but ''roborative'' )but we've got also wonderefull BWOB at very reasonable prices and a plethora of very high skilled chefs. I love Montreal for these inexpensive very good places if you compare the price for a good ''menu'' to big internationals cities.

:cheffry::spitcoffee::surrendar: Has I can see, you like the place.

Welcome , I love Quebec, especially Montreal and the Rue St Denis!

Hi Heat Besh. If you like la rue Saint Denis, next time try l'Express or Le Conti tow pretty good bistrots french style. Good wine list too.

Back