Talk about a Class Act

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSChief

Reaction score
Just received my first package from JKI; Very small order a stone holder & lapping plate. What blew my socks off was a hand written note
from Sara, thanking me for the order. When was the last time any vendor said thank you for your patronage.

It's a safe bet on who will be getting future business.

As a side note, used my new toys to work on an Old soldier. a 10 " MUNDIAL chef's knife. Thats been abused for close to 20 yrs. and has had
more than a few trips through the Dishwasher. about 5 min on the 1200, the same on the 5000. and now I cutting paper just like the
guys doing YouTube vid's.

Probably THE best customer service I've ever experienced. I try to send as much business as possible their way.

If you order enough "stuff" you'll eventually get a package that Jon wraps. A mere mortal with a tape dispenser. But Sara always writes the notes.;)

Actually, I got a handwritten note from Jon as well...I think he was working on a holiday and Sara wasn't there.

+1 I got a Jon note with My Gesshin Hide Kamagata Usuba..

Oh yeah, well last time I bought something I got gift wrapping, hot tea, and I got to play with Jon's stones. Lol

Really great service at JKI.

Awesome service and products! Gift wrapping and notes are icing on the cake. Though I feel rather left out on the tea...

Thanks for sharing your experience & recommending JKI. I find myself browsing their site every couple of days & I can't wait to visit the next time I'm in LA.

it's all about the service and JKI is top notch :thumbsup:

I have just done a couple of small orders through them, but the second note recognized the first order (Suisins for gifts). Small touches mean a lot for most people, especially in the current world of discount internet shopping.

Eventually will make it into their shop.....and probably get another knife that I absolutely don't need at this point, but will probably love:knife:

Sorry guys. Just I was wondering if they can discount if you request that there is no special note and wrapping? ;)

Yes another recommendation to JKI from my side.

Jon really took the time to make sure that everything is ok with my order :)
Would love to visit the shop one day with a punch of cash in my pocket :surrendar:

Thank you guys :doublethumbsup:

Just received my gift wrapped Gesshin Ginga today with MY personalized letter :) Class act all the way! By the way the knife just falls into the hand. So light and will what looks to be a great blade shape. Of course my wife wanted to go out to dinner tonight so I'll have to find things to cut up later tonight when I'm back home. Thanks JKI!!

Back