Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Handle to busy for dammy??

Thanx........The camel bone piece in the front fell off for the third time,and I know when to call it a day.I think that handle is going in the drawer and i will start a new one.

I like a handle like that on damascus!

Looks fantastic. I'm partial to contrast on the bolster where it meets the blade, but that's just the integral bolster-lover in me. The whole thing looks fantastic. Congrats on the wood grain turning out like that, very fortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by johndoughy View Post
    Looks fantastic. I'm partial to contrast on the bolster where it meets the blade, but that's just the integral bolster-lover in me. The whole thing looks fantastic. Congrats on the wood grain turning out like that, very fortunate.
    The wood grain or rays in that block was not an accident,I had to cut and shape it so they were on the side of the handle.I can't say I really know what I am doing,I am truly faking it and and enjoying the learning process.Lucky for me I have a twin to that block so i can start over.

Looks good to me. If this is the result of 'faking' it, I can 't wait to see the results when you really know what you're doing. :biggrin2:
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

i think its your eye beign caught at the transition of the horn and the bright blond sapwood. because of all the nice even transistions on the rest of the handle that line really brakes up the flow