Media Lobster Night Massacre

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThEoRy

Founding Member
Reaction score
lololol

[video=youtube;VleV5O0pVgc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VleV5O0pVgc&feature=youtu.be[/video]

[video=youtube_share;VKcAYMb5uk4]http://youtu.be/VKcAYMb5uk4[/video]

It says video unavailable...

Scratch that... I can see it now!

That's a crap load of lobster. How many guest did you serve that night?

That's a crap load of lobster. How many guest did you serve that night?

What you see in the first shot is only about 1/3 of the total lobsters slain that evening.. I would say we fed 450 or so people that night possibly.

Now I feel sorry for those poor... Delicious, succulent, little lobsters!

Hehehe! :hungry:

What you see in the first shot is only about 1/3 of the total lobsters slain that evening.. I would say we fed 450 or so people that night possibly.

Wow nice job!

how many different dishes were made from all that lobster?

What knife were you using to crack those shells? Yo deba?

Yup Tojiro 240mm yo-deba.

This was a buffet mostly all you can eat lobster. There was also a lobster pasta pasta chafing dish on the buffet line. Also I made a lobster sausage appetizer for a la carte and the plated entree shown in the video. What you don't see is an anise lobster broth for the dish that was served table side.

All I could think watching the video is that your poor hands must have been bloody nubs by the end of the night. Ow! :scared4:

Dude - I gotta say couldn't you have split those poor bastards trough the head before ripping the tails and claws off?

Regardless, what Lucretia said - your hands must have been wrecked.

Nice track too

Since filming this last year I have started splitting the heads open prior to thorax ripping. Regardless the nervous system continues the posthumous twitch so it's hard to tell if it really helps. That's just another reason why Rick doesn't eat lobster.

Aaaaaannnnd I'm back to just ripping them apart first. **** em.

putting them in the freezer for 1/2 hr or so has been going around lately as the humane thing to do. At least then they don't splash around if your dunking them straight into hot water. I've tried splitting the heads open first, but I'm not sure it's worth it either.

I just don't give a **** anymore. Hah

Never knew such a thing, have to give it a whirl

Have you seen how many lobsters I did in the vid? Do you know how much additional labor that would equal? That's why I just say **** em. They're basically freaking cockroaches for cryin out loud!!

Back