Who's got one of these?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Martell

Forum Founder
Founding Member
Reaction score
Here's a knife style that I've never had sent in for sharpening, only seen them online, and I'm wondering if anyone has one of these? I'm betting the answer will be no.

frozen2.jpg

frozen1.jpg

is that a UK style knife to prevent the knife from becoming a stabbing weapon?

That's different never seen that before either. Maybe grind it off. I kid! How long is it?

How does it help with frozen foods? My thought was it fitted in some jig so it could be used like a kind of guillotine with the knob being used as a pivot point.

How does it help with frozen foods? My thought was it fitted in some jig so it could be used like a kind of guillotine with the knob being used as a pivot point.

the handle near the tip improves leverage. frozen foods are had to cut.

Huh.interesting...the other day I was just thinking there must be a better way of cutting frozen foods. When we make sausage, we use frozen meat. Thawed a little, but pretty damn frozen and I just use a crappy house knife to hack it to pieces, but its a real pain (and strain on my body).

:DThat,s the front sight
Like Jon said frozen food knife .

Interesting.... So... Is that the verdict? Do we know who makes these?

Huh.interesting...the other day I was just thinking there must be a better way of cutting frozen foods. When we make sausage, we use frozen meat. Thawed a little, but pretty damn frozen and I just use a crappy house knife to hack it to pieces, but its a real pain (and strain on my body).

It's much easier to pre-cut the meat into strips, lay em out on a sheet pan and par freeze before grinding...

We used to attached a knob of sorts on the front of a large chef knife when I worked at a bbq place. The idea was it was so messy and saucy that when using the knife to press down through bones or cartilage it would prevent slipping.

That's a shark of a knife . . . just when you thought it was safe to go back into the kitchen . . .
Wow, what sort of steel is that to be able to take that kind of punishment like whacking it on frozen food?

Frozen food... PFFH!
It's pretty obvious that this is the coldwar-atomic-submarine-threat-tribute-knife. :)

I've seem them on Ichimonji's site, but that doesn't answer the question.

Back