No More Free International Shipping starting tomorrow.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
First to all of my international customers I would like to apologize.
USPS just jumped their rates for international shipping.
Now my cost to ship a flat rate envelope like I use is $23.95
With today's shipping there were 3 international orders where the order was less than the cost of shipping.

Tomorrow I will be going through the store and removing the Free International Shipping.
I am not sure if I will be able to program the software to calculate the International postage correctly or if I will have to charge per item.
Another option would be to set a minimum order size for international purchases.

One way or the other I will do my best to make things so it still makes sense to sell and ship internationally.
Please bear with me while I get things figured out.

Yeah, my mom had three international orders in her Etsy shop the night before the rate switch, so the following morning she had to ship three inexpensive items at a loss. Lol. And the new rate schedule seems to be a serious hassle, I know her postage software went bonkers.

:dazed:

What a pain! It's a lot like our system/pricing here, now. Maybe do something similar to what I do, Mark. Take about a $10 or so hit, and charge a set amount of, say $15. Shipping is a huge "profit killer", and while we love doing this, we can't lose money on a sale....

Good luck with the stupid post office!

Fully understandable... :(

Hope you figure out something! :thumbsup:

oh no, this is no good news! :sad0:

the same sh*t seems to be happening all over the world. in austria too, our post office rates have been increased significantly for international shipments. and they made int. letter format much smaller so that every second shipment would need to be shipped as a package instead of letter-format, increasing the price so much that last time i said to the guy behind the desk, "no sir, i don't want to buy the whole office, i just want to ship this small parcel". :angel2:

besides, going to the post office always is a PITA, the people working there always give you the feeling that you're disturbing them...

I am going through the web store making changes for international shipping.
The best I could come up with was to charge a flat rate of $10 per item for shipping internationally.
After I finish with the changes I will be contacting tech support for the store to see if there is a way to program free shipping for orders over a designated amount.

I apologize for having to make these changes.
But some of the smaller orders it worked out like I was giving away the wood for free and tossing in extra few dollars on top of that.

There are several regular international customers who typically place larger orders where I can absorb the higher shipping charges.
Please bear with me while I figure out a way to keep you from being penalized by the shipping rate incease.

wow good luck with that. It seems that the p.o. figured out how to stay in business when they are slowly dying..... err are pretty much dead.

This is ridiculous, they raised the prices by 50%. Leaves me speechless...

Stefan

This is ridiculous, they raised the prices by 50%. Leaves me speechless...
6.5 percent increase because FedEx raised their prices, and USPS uses FedEx carriers for international shipping.
43.5 percent increase because the Post Office is only slightly more relevant than a phone book these days, and those bitches need to make their money somehow. Lol.

Do what you have to do Mark :thumbsup: I will still buy from you just in more larger batches :D
I guess price of oil and stuff make all shipping companies to increase they prices

I think we all understand, It was too good to be true :D
i have to admit that i made an order with only a block of wood. but i didn't know that shipping cost you that much :(

Back