what are the extra tall gyutos available that are not carbon?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
thinking about trying a wa gyuto and would like a tall blade. any feedback on the extra tall konosuke hd? what about an addict 2? my current favorite is masamoto vg 240, extremely sharp and very agile without being whippy and that wonderful profile that's a perfect balance. the handle is a bit heavy though.

*****Butch Harner in CPM 154 stainless, purchased from he who shall not be named. Some are as tall as 68mm, but pricey at $650.

I have an addict 2 240mm in 154CM, heel to spine measures just under 55mm

no chop, extra tall masamoto stainless with wa handle would be amazing! but not if its going to cost over 250.

olpappy, i was looking at those, but the profile appears to have a lot of belly, any opinions on that? how is the geometry, i'm under the impression that lamson made knives are kinda thick behind the edge.

Oh, a wa stainless...maybe look at sakai takayuki grand chef. It's under two bills, and slightly taller than other like knives, to my recollection.

i have a yo grand cheff and it's not that tall. ran through 100lbs of vegetable prep last night with the masa vg and while it was a champ, it would have been more comfortable with a lighter handle, perhaps a wa rehandle would do the trick?

Should have read the whole post before posting.

Last edited:
Back