Bent or warped nakiri Asai Aogami Super

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sel1k1

Reaction score
There is a warp in my nakiri. This makes me sad. I love my aogami super nakiri. We've been through metric tons of onions and even a couple hundred pounds of cabbage not to mention all the kampachi I used it with when I first got it and then after. This nakiri has been with me every day since last summer.

Who is the master of nakiri straightening? Looks like there is a suttle kind of a wave through the blade I would also like to get proper geometry thinning. I do some thinning weekly when I touch up my knives but the bevel is getting more and more noticeable.

Sorry no help here, but I'm considering buying this nakiri. Did it come to you warped? If so when did you buy it? Or did it warp after you bought? Thanks

there is a special straightening stick tool that the japanese use for straightening, but believe it or not I have been able to straighten some of my unstraight knives myself just by applying sufficient pressure against a cutting board. Of course you may cut yourself or introduce a new undesirable bend to the knife or snap the blade, but it's not always as difficult to do as one might think it would be.

I just looked at Dave's nakiri. Very nice. Little more than I want to spend though. He suggested a Watanabe. With the Yen getting trashed the price is maybe doable, though I don't know what shipping is.

Back