Quantcast
Biggest Cowboy Tricks - Page 10
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Biggest Cowboy Tricks

Quote Originally Posted by jbl View Post
    I don't buy it. Time taken to wash Hobart and pass eggs vs an egg in each hand. I'd take a bet on that
    i whip up 40 or even 50 egg hollandiases all the time. it really takes me a minute or two to crack and separate 40 egg yolks. true story. of all short cuts, this one is lost on me.

Quote Originally Posted by labor of love View Post
    i whip up 40 or even 50 egg hollandiases all the time. it really takes me a minute or two to crack and separate 40 egg yolks. true story. of all short cuts, this one is lost on me.
    That is a lot of hollandaise! How many plates is that for? Like 300? Function? Or a lot of eggs benedict lovers

2 minutes eh... That is quick , but believable.... Ish ... one egg every 2-3 seconds.

yeah. for the weekends at my former job we would go through alot of of holly. cracking an egg and separating an egg about evey 2 seconds sounds about right.

Galatoires Baton Rouge? That's a lot of hollandaise.

i cant remember how much holly i would make at galatoires. but at robertos and mansurs, it was usually a 30-50 yolk hollandiase for the weekends. ofcourse that includes bernaise,choron, creolaise and whatever else we mightve been using.

What method do you use to do it so fast? I don't doubt you can do it, I'm just having a hard time thinking of a way to do it so fast..

crack an egg,hold the yolk in your hand and allow for some space between your index finger and middle finger and the egg white should separate itself and fall off of the yolk. if you have poor quality eggs(many restaurants do) the egg white wont be very firm at all, but be very watery instead. which makes the process even quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by labor of love View Post
    crack an egg,hold the yolk in your hand and allow for some space between your index finger and middle finger and the egg white should separate itself and fall off of the yolk. if you have poor quality eggs(many restaurants do) the egg white wont be very firm at all, but be very watery instead. which makes the process even quicker.
    That's my preferred method as well.
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

This thread makes me never want to eat out again

Not real cowboy, but efficient.
    When prepping squid/calamari such as arrowhead etc instead of using a knife to score or 'criss cross'or 'pineappling' whatever you may call it,
    Try using a matfer mandoline julienne attachment, this also pulls any excess membrane off..