Quantcast
Biggest Cowboy Tricks
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Biggest Cowboy Tricks

Biggest Cowboy Tricks

So, what's the worst thing you've seen in a kitchen?

Mine; I was a commis working a large function and saw a CDP, realising he was in the proverbial and a carrot down, taking one out of a veal stock pan to garnish the last plate of bourgignon.

Another, worked with a guy so lazy he tried clingfilming every surface so he wouldn't have to clean down after service

A chef was a crumbed and stuffed chicken breast down, so in the deep fryer then microwave for 5 mins the in the fryer again.

He forgot a steak, so seared it in a hot pan, in the microwave then on the flat plate with a few hot grill plates on it to squash it.

Senior Member/ Internet Hooligan
    Wait, this stuff is bad? Sounds like SOP where I'm from, boys. Lol.

c’mon guys, there must be some great stories out there!

My favourite cowboy story ( I never witnessed it, but it came from a reliable source) place an entire box of eggs 180 ish eggs into the bowl of the Hobart mixer ( large planetary mixer ) pulse a few times to smash all the shells, than pass through a fine chinois to remove all the shell.
    Huw
    In order to make delicious food, you must eat delicious food. Jiro Ono

Oh yeah. That happens. Scary. Worked for a Chef who walked out on a hotel Chef job because HR wouldn't let him fire a guy who did that. Union.
    'The only real security that a man can have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience, and ability.' -Henry Ford

Watched my chef pull a filet mignon and run it under cold water to keep it from going over temp...
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

How about John Belushi cutting stuff with a samurai sword on SNL?

I fired a guy for washing the cheese of a cheese burger then sold the burger and left the hand washing sink clogged with cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by Von blewitt View Post
    My favourite cowboy story ( I never witnessed it, but it came from a reliable source) place an entire box of eggs 180 ish eggs into the bowl of the Hobart mixer ( large planetary mixer ) pulse a few times to smash all the shells, than pass through a fine chinois to remove all the shell.
    It works for sure

+ Reply to Thread