Quantcast
Back Door Business - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Back Door Business

Quote Originally Posted by Don Nguyen View Post
    Hey Dave, I'm just wondering if the Random Question for posting is new for everybody or just to the restricted members?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pabloz View Post
    LOL
    Don,
    Welcome to Club Sequestered at KKF.

PZ

Nice

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    I didn't know that there's a question being asked before posting. Is this happening every time you try to post?
    Yeah it's asking me "What is the name of this forum?" for every post.

(Which is new ever since yesterday/today I think)

Hey Dave, I'm just wondering if the Random Question for posting is new for everybody or just to the restricted members?
    I didn't know that there's a question being asked before posting. Is this happening every time you try to post?
    Yeah it's asking me "What is the name of this forum?" for every post.

(Which is new ever since yesterday/today I think)

I found the setting requiring human verification to be switched on, it's off now so you shouldn't see that message again.

It did that to me for about 10 posts/replies when I first joined, but haven't noticed it since. If it happens now, I'll repost immediately
    Restaurant Murphy's Law 101: If you have 5 and don't prep any, you'll sell 6. If you do prep some, you'll sell 4

Nope...
    Restaurant Murphy's Law 101: If you have 5 and don't prep any, you'll sell 6. If you do prep some, you'll sell 4

Quote Originally Posted by Drumjockey View Post
    It did that to me for about 10 posts/replies when I first joined, but haven't noticed it since. If it happens now, I'll repost immediately

That shouldn't have happened either. You're only supposed to be asked upon registration and that's it.

Geez, I'm sure some people are going to think that I have it out for all the new guys too.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

I don't know whether this is the right place to mention this, but my first two introductory posts failed to show up. Glitches in the ether? Not a complaint, just an observation.

Let me explain this in more detail. We have a somewhat crazy amount of knifemakers flocking over from the dead world of custom hunter/bowie knifemaking, coming here looking to get into what is the only growth market in the knife business - kitchen knives. The problem isn't that this is happening but it's the volume that is being seen and more importantly the attitudes and actions that we get from these guys that has me reacting the way that I am.

Too many are expecting (and even demanding) to do their thing as they want to, they violate our guidelines (Terms of Use), they argue about this when asked to comply, they send unsolicited PM's to members regarding their wares/services, and when asked to contribute they have every excuse in the book and even deep resentment and insults to share with me. For myself, as the forum owner, having to deal with this constantly (almost every damn day) is more than I can take, more than I'm willing to take any longer.

These people have negatively effected the community. They've caused vendor rates to increase, they've strained me personally, and I'm no longer willing to assess each member on a case by case basis. I'm sick and tired of fighting with these guys and because of this I'm making changes that I wish to avoid but yet find necessary to do.

So from now on if a member is known to be involved in any related business then they have a choice to make - they can either be a restricted member or contribute their fair share as a vendor or hobbyist. I realize that this isn't ideal and will turn some people away. I don't wish to lose a single member over this issue but if we have to lose a member who is causing a strain then I can live with that. I'm sorry to say this but it's the honest truth about how I feel.
    I agree with Dave.

For folks whose primarily interest has always been kitchen knives, the influx of crossovers is a bit discouraging. In a close-knit community sometimes people are reluctant to come with a constructed criticism (or by rules are not allowed to), so it is hard tell who is who. In the pictures all knives look great. Review section helps somewhat.

I am not saying that it is affecting me personally, but this is a trend that I have been observing for some time now.

M

An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made, in a narrow field.
    -Niels Bohr

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Dave I get where you're coming from with the PM thing, but can you explain why we are are also not allowed to view profiles? Is it just to prevent contact altogether, PM and possible emails/other?

Dave I get where you're coming from with the PM thing, but can you explain why we are are also not allowed to view profiles? Is it just to prevent contact altogether, PM and possible emails/other?
    It's to prevent contact through email.

+ Reply to Thread