JNS Synthetic Aoto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chefdog

Reaction score
Maxim,
I appologize if you've answered this already elsewhere, but I wasn't able to find an answer with the search.

Can you give a little more information about your synthetic aoto? Like what kind of grit range it gives, do the grits break down as you make mud or are there different size grits in the stone? Also, does it leave a nice edge for general purpose use (gyuto, petty, suji) or is it necessary to follow it with a finer stone? It sounds like a nice, hard, fast cutting stone, but I would appreciate any more info you could provide.
Thanks.

thats what my sub forum is for, to ask ;)

it is a bland of 3k and 5 k stone bit on the harder side, it was made for me to use on both razors and knives
I do not think that any synthetick stone have grit breack down so i dont think this one have too :D

For all western knives i use this one or my red aoto as finisher so i think it will not be necessary with higher grit

There is some vids of it on YT that you can also see tested on knives and razor :D

thats what my sub forum is for, to ask ;)

it is a bland of 3k and 5 k stone bit on the harder side, it was made for me to use on both razors and knives
I do not think that any synthetick stone have grit breack down so i dont think this one have too :D

For all western knives i use this one or my red aoto as finisher so i think it will not be necessary with higher grit

There is some vids of it on YT that you can also see tested on knives and razor :D

Thanks a lot, I appreciate your time and information.

Maxim,
Could you give some input as to how well this stone will work with the shig Kasumi?

I think that JNS 6k will be more useful for that as it makes almost similar finish as shig, after all he use it him self :D

Back