• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Second half of the fire sale

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sachem allison

Reaction score
Up for grabs are two T/C blades I just recently got in trade and purchase. I have only used them for about a week and then gave them a gentle refurb. I removed most of the sharpening scratches and I will be giving them both a lite re-etch tomorrow. They are both 240mm blade length. one was made for Jkerr here on the forum and has a beautiful handle with copper rivets and multicolor wood spacers The handle looks to be made of cocobolo and the saya also. The blade is a single bevel with a 90/10 edge bevel no ura. It was originally a kurouchi that Josh scrubbed off. I will be etching it in a boiled vinegar and salt solution to give it a dark grey etch . It develops a beautiful patina and is fairly non reactive. The blade is made of o1 and weighs 282 grams. There is a split running down the length of the ferrule but, it has been filled with CA glue and is stable and sanded smooth. It does not effect performance and you can't feel it. Here is your chance to get a custom made knife from a unique maker with no wait at a significant discount. $350 Conus shipping international shippers we maybe able to work something out.

tc.jpg

tc1.jpg

tc3.jpg

tc4.jpg

tc5.jpg

tc7.jpg

tc8.jpg

tc9.jpg

tc10.jpg

tc11.jpg

tc12.jpg

tc13.jpg

tc14.jpg

tc15.jpg

tc16.jpg

The second one is a bit more interesting I think. It is also 240mm with a tsuchime blade and it has a semi kurouchi finish. I think it is o1. It is definitely, carbon steel. It has a very interesting texture on the back it almost looks like a starry sky it has little tiny shiny bumps on the back with a black background, The front has a hammered finish and an overall grey appearance . There is a very cool little plaque on the back written in Kanji. Mr Sugai says it says something like "Red Trout" So it is called the Red Trout. It has copper spacers and rosewood and ebony handle. 3mm spine above the heel. it is a beautiful stout knife. single bevel style with a 90/10 edge bevel and no ura. $350.00 conus shipping

1tc.jpg

2tc.jpg

3tc.jpg

4tc.jpg

5tc.jpg

6tc.jpg

7tc.jpg

8tc.jpg

9tc.jpg

10tc.jpg

11tc.jpg

one more thing, I know many of you really love the bandoleer that colin made for me. I have one that I am not using currently and will put it up here. It is made of leather and rattlesnake skin. It will hold three knives and a sharpie or thermometer. it hangs around your shoulder or you can remove the strap and wear it on your belt. $125 conus shipping,. no knives included

new home compliments of bill the butcher 4.jpg

new home compliments of bill the butcher 3.jpg

new home compliments of bill the butcher 2.jpg

new home compliments of bill the butcher 1.jpg

That first TC I got from Josh was going to go to a pay it forward project. When I gave it to the cook, he got indignant and said "why would you give me a used knife for? I want something new a real knife like a wustof." I took the knife back and left. *********!

He's an *******. I say fire him.

Nice blades, Son!

That first TC I got from Josh was going to go to a pay it forward project. When I gave it to the cook, he got indignant and said "why would you give me a used knife for? I want something new a real knife like a wustof." I took the knife back and left. *********!

Seriously, that happened? What kind of cook would reject an amazing knife gifted by a thoughtful coworker/mentor, with no strings attached, besides use and enjoy it? I would be incredibly pizzissed at the guy. It would be one of those, I'm not mad at you, just very disappointed situations. Truly un-freaking-believeable. I've been doing this 12 years and still don't have a blade as nice as a TC. I'd probably let the guy go too.

Very, very lovely knives btw :)

you would be surprised how many times that has happened to me. People don't get it.

you would be surprised how many times that has happened to me. People don't get it.

You're a good person, son. I'd probably get jaded if people turned down the wildly nice knives I was giving them as a good gesture. GL with the sale :)

...."why would you give me a used knife for? I want something new a real knife like a wustof." I took the knife back and left........

I love TC blade! I'll trade a new wustof for your used TC blade anytime:D!! that poor man doesn't know what he missed!

Son u are a better man than me not kicking that person to the curb for wanting a "new" knife. One of these days I will get a TC blade. It is on a long list of knives to try...a list that keeps getting longer.

Bump! $325 each, I pay conus shipping. did I mention they come with sayas and knife bags. Come on guys this is an amazing deal. couple hundred bucks off and no wait. ticker tune up special here!

I wear it strap over the shoulder with the knives under the opposite arm pit.

bump! Both blades $300 shipping conus included. I can't beleive noone wants a TC blade.

Back