What should I make?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agp

Reaction score
Hi fellow chefs, I need some ideas on what to make for a potluck I'm going to. This is a Valentine's day themed potluck party, with ~15-20 in attendance. I'm thinking of something that's easy to transport, and preferably requires no utensils. However, edible utensils or some non-traditional disposable utensils (I'm thinking pipettes for sauces) will do as well. It doesn't have to be a main dish, or a big dish. Hors d'oeuvres will be just fine. Cheaper is better. I think I can cook well, if not then I can at least follow instructions well. However, I have little to no experience when it comes to dessert.

Make a lasagna Bolognaise. Hey look, you're a hero now. For dessert? Tiramisu.

chicken fried sweetbreads always are a good one. different but everyone loves fried food. i do it as a passed with crispy collard greens and a red eye gravy.

eggrolls, summer rolls, or spring rolls. you can put anything in them, it's easy to make alot of them and no utensils or mess when eating them. You can also make a million different sauces.

Fried Chicken Skins on a skewer with a coarse ground mustard for dipping.

Valentines day? Chicken heart rumaki!

Fried Chicken Skins on a skewer with a coarse ground mustard for dipping.

I will third this one - or you could do hearts on some skewers, livers on some skewers and skins on others like yakitori - with a spicy eel sauce for dipping . . . and who wouldn't like that??? I'm getting hungry thinking about it :hungry:

If you want to wow people you have a billion options from roasted lamb saddle to pasta dishes like homemade agnolotti or ravioli. If you want to make it quick and easy bring charcuterie and cheeses paired with wine and dried fruits maybe some mustarda's

Back