Lacewood & Blonde

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hattorichop

Reaction score
Up for sale is a stabilized Australian lacewood handle with blonde ox horn ferrule and spacers surrounded by brass.
I ran out of daylight for the photos so I will post some better ones soon.
One side of the ferrule has a bit of the ox horn growth ring (not sure if that is correct terminology) visible in it. This horn is extremely translucent.
This handle size is the same as the handle I made for my 240mm Massakage Koshi gyuto.
It is also close to the same size as the Afzelia handle I put for sale last month that I sold for a 210mm gyuto.

I'm asking $160 mounted + shipping. ($150 unmounted)

Thanks
KarlView attachment 12974View attachment 12975

Holy crap Karl! You've totally outdone yourself this time!
Good luck with the sale, not that you need it!

Beautiful handle, Karl. What would look like too much if done any differently you pulled off.

You must be a masochist, Karl ;) Nice work!

Stefan

Thanks for the kind words everyone.
I think this handle is spoken for.

14 different pieces in one handle, that a hell of allot of work for a handle and I would gladly pay $10 to have any headless mounted at doing that's self scares the **** out of me. Great work!

This handle is back up for sale.

Sorry everyone, I should have posted some measurements on this handle in the beginning.
I like slim handles and I would not hesitate to put this on a 240mm gyuto but it may be better suited for a 210 for most people.
The handle measures 16.5x21 at the ferrule and 18x24 at the butt with an overall length of 138mm
IMG_4316.JPG
IMG_4321.JPG
IMG_4318.jpg

That is beautiful!! Very well done, congrats on the sale :)

Back