New Diamond Sharpening Stone in Stores!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Korin_Mari

Reaction score
feb_diamondstone.jpg

Diamond Sharpening Stone #300/#300

$110.00

Korin has a new 300/300 diamond sharpening stone in stock! We just got it yesterday. I'm trying to get my hands on one for a pass around. :)

I was juuust looking at some Diamonds. That looks really interesting! Could you explain the 300/300? Is it to increase the lifespan?

Also, reading this was kind of confusing:

Tip: Diamond sharpening stones as you are moving and changing the angle from higher to lower, you will ruin the blade.

I was juuust looking at some Diamonds. That looks really interesting! Could you explain the 300/300? Is it to increase the lifespan?

Also, reading this was kind of confusing:

Hi!
The 300/300 diamond stone are awesome because the shape never warps, which means you'll never have to fix it with a stone fixer. The 300/300 stones will make fixing any minor chips easy. After very long periods of use the 300 side will smooth out a little and parts of the stone may become about a 500 grit.

Oh no, sorry I meant that you can ruin the blade if you change angles too much while sharpening. Granted that stand true for any sharpening stone, but especially for something as abrasive as these diamond stones.

I don't think I quite understand your question. Will it increase the lifespan of the knife? No, actually it might make it shorter if you use it improperly and shave too much of the steel off while sharpening.

Hi!
The 300/300 diamond stone are awesome because the shape never warps, which means you'll never have to fix it with a stone fixer. The 300/300 stones will make fixing any minor chips easy. After very long periods of use the 300 side will smooth out a little and parts of the stone may become about a 500 grit.

Oh no, sorry I meant that you can ruin the blade if you change angles too much while sharpening. Granted that stand true for any sharpening stone, but especially for something as abrasive as these diamond stones.

I don't think I quite understand your question. Will it increase the lifespan of the knife? No, actually it might make it shorter if you use it improperly and shave too much of the steel off while sharpening.
I think he was confused by the wording, what you tried to say IMO(correct me if I am wrong) was that if one is not careful the sides of the knife will get deep scratches from the diamonds.

I think he was confused by the wording, what you tried to say IMO(correct me if I am wrong) was that if one is not careful the sides of the knife will get deep scratches from the diamonds.

Yes that too, thank you. lol You can also warp the shape.

Think the q was: Is it double sided, 300 grit each side?
If so, why not opt for different grits each side?

Think the q was: Is it double sided, 300 grit each side?
If so, why not opt for different grits each side?

We used to have 300/1000, but Mr. Sugai felt that this was a better quality when he tried it. So we switched. :)

Latest posts

Back