• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Shun 4" Paring NIB

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one. I got it years ago on sale and have yet to find one that I like more. I feel confident in saying that not only is it the best knife that shun makes, it's the best non-custom paring knife being made today. Mine as only gotten better over the years as I've sharpened, adjusted the profile, thinned, and polished it. honestly don't even know what I would do to change it if I could: maybe make it AEB-L or some other fancy stainless instead of "just" vg-10. However, steel, as long as it's stainless and can get sharp, is less important in a paring knife than any other type of knife. Ergonomics are what matters and this thing just feels awesome in my big hands.
The only problem with it is that the $90-$100 that these things are currently going for is a bit high for a paring knife.

This is a great opportunity to get the last paring knife that you'll ever need to buy at more reasonable price.

Shun + Kamisori I have listed in the other listing if bought as a package $300, I pay paypal and shipping and throw in tub of tallow for the kamisori. I paid that much just for the kamisori.

Another vote for the Shun paring knife here. I was going to sell mine a while back, but'm glad I kept it. Sometimes a 150 Petty is just the wrong tool for the job.

Back