Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Mould on stones

  1. #1

    Mould on stones

    Mrs smiler put my king combo stone in the cupboard thinking it was dry. Mistake! It is now mouldier than a mouldy thing. Anyone have any experiance with mould on their stones?

  2. #2
    Senior Member brainsausage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Portland, Maine
    Rust- yes. Mold- no...
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

  3. #3
    Stones rust?

  4. #4
    Senior Member quantumcloud509's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Spokane, WA aka Spokanistan, or Spoklahoma, or...
    My stones rust.
    Amat Victoria Curam Fortune favors the prepared.
    "A human being is primarily a bag for putting food into." -George Orwell

  5. #5

    Zwiefel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Little Rock, AR
    I got a little on mine from premature repacking....hitem with the steel plate next session, all gone.
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

  6. #6
    Senior Member ThEoRy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Central Jersey
    After flattening, I' have heard some use a tiny tiny bit of bleach in the water. Did I mention it was a tiny bit?
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

  7. #7
    Senior Member NO ChoP!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Clayton, NC- surrounded by lots of trees
    A moldy thing? lol

    +1 on the bit of bleach...I've heard of places putting a cap full in the soft serve machine as a mold inhibiter...
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!

  8. #8
    Happened to me once, someone put my chinese 1k stone into drawer while it was still wet. Flattened it and had no problems since.

  9. #9
    Senior Member cwrightthruya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    I permasoak my WA stones and JNS 1k's in bleach water to no ill effect. The one time I had a stone with mold on it, I lapped it clean and placed it in bleach water, and have since had no problems. But, as was mentioned earlier, it should be a tiny tiny amount of bleach added to several liters of water. I use 1 cap full to 6 liters.

    Disclaimer: I only use this on my permasoak stones (ie. my bevel setters).

    At Death's Door You Only Have 2 choices. Die Happy or Die Regretfully.
    Knowing this...........Choose 1 and Live!!!!!!!!!

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Is there a good way to determine which stones are suitable for permasoaking?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts